Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] What is your 1 favourite computer / console game?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
2371392-genesis_roadrash_eu.jpg

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Spectrum/Commodore games from my yoof that I loved:

Scuba Dive
Ant Attack
Manic Minor
Monty Mole
Kokotoni Wilf
Full Throttle
Pitstop
Skool Daze (i've got it on an APP now!)

Anyone know of any other original Spectrum/C64 games available as APPs?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think it was the Ocean loader that I enjoyed more than the game. Still liked it nonetheless.
I have signed up as a volunteer reviewer for the Centre for Computing History wesbite so will be going back and playing a fair few of these games. I have started with my favourites, a lot of which aren't considered classics by any means. I guess we made the most of what we had back then. The game I still go back to is Action Biker on the C64. A simple £1.99 game based around Clumsy Colin from KP Skips but I still love playing it. One guy on a retro games podcast I listen to loves it as well but gets a lot of stick from everyone else. I guess with no endless freemium games to move to, we persevered with whatever we had bought.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 3.

Lovely stuff.

I had forgotten about this one - absolutely THE BEST EVER F1 or any racing game IMO. Realistic (i'm assuming) car control, a great challenge in the wet, great crashes (no arcade bounce off everything in one piece guff). Proper weekend of practice and qualifying sessions, full length race if you want. I could go on, it's just bloomin' amazing. And this is going back a good few years. To my knowledge, nothing better has ever been created. There was only one thing that I didn't like - when the race starts, you could be in last on the grid but be 6th round the first bend, as all cars moved to the racing line rather than jostle across the whole track. I need to now go and dig it out and play it again!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Haven't read the whole thread but has anyone said 1942 yet? Even as a dedicated uni student in the 80s, never did get to the end......

Also a big vote for Galaxians and Dig Dug

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Even more so when frustration got the better of us after losing, and we'd try and defy physics by putting all our weight on it and trying to turn the handle 180 degrees! This was my implement of choice - they could withstand a good lot of frustration!

View attachment 95299
This was my weapon of choice.

8ec3d112e4e621311f1773e0381eeb99.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
PC: World of Warcraft (up to Pandaria);
Xbox: Can't decide between Halo 3 and Fallout 3 - Both amazing games that I sank way too much time into;
Tablet: Hearthstone

I'm currently loving PUBG on the Xbox but don't get anywhere near the time to play I used to sadly.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
No mention of Donkey Kong, Pac Man or Scramble....Those halcyon days of Sinclair, Commodore and Atari!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Mario Kart or International Superstar Soccer on the SNES.

Though I have certainly dedicated more hours to Football/Championship Manager over the years.

God. How could I not mention this one. I have been left well behind in the dust by my nephew on PES these days but the many many hours of ISS make it a top 3 game at least.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Has anyone said Speedball 2 on the Amiga yet?

Ice cream!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I used to love the PC game Medal of Honour. I had all the versions ad as a first player shoot em up, it was great. The Second World War versions.

I really suffer from motion sickness when playing computer games, and I can't play formula one, or any driving game. I end up sick as a dog!

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here