HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Me Neither. Anyway

To The Spice Girls - Stop Right Now

Propper Wow, He is good and Dutch
He can pass a ball and he's gotta a great touch
Hey you, you can head a run
You're our favourite Davy and you play for Brighton

No disrespect, but can you see any football crowd singing a Spice Girls song.
There is only one song for Davy....
To the tune of Davy Crockett

DAVY, DAVY PROPPER,
KING OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
When we first saw this guy who had come straight off the plane into midfield against City I dared to question the wisdom of Winstanley and Our Chris.

He looked terrified and lost.

I admit I’m an idiot and will never question them again - Davy P is a brilliant footballer which together with his foppish fringe is making him one of my favourite players. He’s destined for a top-10 Premier league team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When we first saw this guy who had come straight off the plane into midfield against City I dared to question the wisdom of Winstanley and Our Chris.

I admit I’m an idiot and will never question them again - Davy P is a brilliant footballer which together with his foppish fringe is making him one of my favourite players. He’s destined for a top-10 Premier league team.
I will always reserve the right to question recruitment, for what it's worth (feck all).
But I'll maintain my stance of waiting a fair few games before passing judgement.

Sadly though that doesn't seem to generate the re-posts some of our more gifted fans have enjoyed, over this season.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

???

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Never heard of him. Plus that new Aussie keeper is too small and won't be able to dominate the box like you have to in the PL. Petr Cech at Arsenal is a good example and the type of keeper we should have signed. Also that German guy couldn't keep his team in the Budesliga last season, so how's he going to keep us up? Also he was only 3 mil. You can't buy a decent player for 3 mil, it stands to reason. The more you pay, the better the player, that's obvious isn't it? He'll be a 'Gross' signing! (God, I'm funny).

Of our current squad Murray's past it and needs to be moved on ASAP. Good Championship player and all that, but he'll be a waste of a place in the Prem. Sadly also Knocky wasn't good enough for Leicester in the PL, so he obviously won't be good enough for us. Bong's a League One player at best, and we'll regret not selling Stevens to Burnley when we had the chance. Hughton's been sacked by his last two PL teams, so he''s patently not a PL manager, hopefully Bloom will realise this and sack him quickly and get someone in with PL experience.

This transfer window's been a disaster so far, unlike say Huddersfield's. Sadly I think we'll be rock bottom at Christmas and mathematically relegated before Easter. Mark my words.

:laugh:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

To you and [MENTION=805]Kalimantan Gull[/MENTION], what did you expect? As you seem to admit, he'd only been with us three days. His passing was dreadful that day, but he just wasn't on the same wavelength as his teammates, nor would he have approached a game like that before, and nor would he have played against a team of the standard of City. All it indicates is that it's not worth judging a player early on especially when he hasn't been embedded in the culture of the team and the club. That's where we are now, we can integrate players now such as with Locadia; we didn't have that option against City. We started with March and Brown on the wings, Brown went off after 15 minutes and was replaced by Murphy, we had Hemed up front, and pretty much no other option on the bench. That's not where we are now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
To you and [MENTION=805]Kalimantan Gull[/MENTION], what did you expect? As you seem to admit, he'd only been with us three days. His passing was dreadful that day, but he just wasn't on the same wavelength as his teammates, nor would he have approached a game like that before, and nor would he have played against a team of the standard of City. All it indicates is that it's not worth judging a player early on especially when he hasn't been embedded in the culture of the team and the club. That's where we are now, we can integrate players now such as with Locadia; we didn't have that option against City. We started with March and Brown on the wings, Brown went off after 15 minutes and was replaced by Murphy, we had Hemed up front, and pretty much no other option on the bench. That's not where we are now.

The main point being the questions were in the voices my head - To question and challenge is good. To spout poop and denounce a player publicly isn’t. Unless of course it’s Leon Best. He’s a bag of sh1te

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This guy was always going to be quality. He was a Dutch international when he signed for us. Couldn't believe people were writing him off when we signed him.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yeah, thats pretty much exactly what I spent much of the time after the game defending him for, and I knew he'd come good

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Congratulations on totally re-writing history.
Re-writing history ? If he'd played even averagely that day (with the ball, he held the defensive shape well) I'm sure I wouldn't have had to spend so much time defending him to doubters. Always thought he was a good signing and would improve us, who can possibly turn up at a new club and fit in seamlessly inside 3 days? Nerves just got to him a bit that day.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

He's already there.:thumbsup:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No disrespect, but can you see any football crowd singing a Spice Girls song.
There is only one song for Davy....
To the tune of Davy Crockett

DAVY, DAVY PROPPER,
KING OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE

Good point.

Ill work on a Little Mix one to bring it more up to date.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Re-writing history ? If he'd played even averagely that day (with the ball, he held the defensive shape well) I'm sure I wouldn't have had to spend so much time defending him to doubters. Always thought he was a good signing and would improve us, who can possibly turn up at a new club and fit in seamlessly inside 3 days? Nerves just got to him a bit that day.

That's the key point. We were quite fantastic defensively that day, keeping City out for 70 minutes, and Propper played his role there. We were awful on the ball (apart from March) and, when that happens, the tempo is inevitably set by the CMs, the passing of both was poor, but Propper's was notably worse.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here