Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jacob Rees Mogg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No one is owed a living. Community is at the heart of protecting. The state is a cumbersome fool, inefficient and run by those who pander to the masses to keep power. This guy is a complete knob though

I agree, except that I don't think they do pander to the masses, I suspect that things might be far better if they did. The masses vote them in but their interests are way down the priorities list.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think that one of the ruling classes commenting on foodbanks, when it was their policies that made them a necessity is crass beyond belief. Do I think that he takes any joy from the fact that charities are being forced to clean up his mess? Yes I do think that that is a realistic thing to believe.

My point is that he would probably be better off keeping that joy to himself.

He was on a phone-in show and was asked about food banks. You think he shouldn't have answered? If he had said "No comment" do you think The Guardian and their lickspittles would have just let that response go?

He was very probably in a no win position, as has been proven by the outfall from this. He passed praise on the spirit of the British people, and he's attached by those who choose to believe he takes joy from the fact food banks exist.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A government that he is a part of? Well it is nice of him to concede that they are not doing their jobs properly.

Neither were Labour presumably, if at least one person ever used a food bank under their watch. Turns out many more than one did.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Neither were Labour presumably, if at least one person ever used a food bank under their watch. Turns out many more than one did.

Ahhhhh Labour had them too, well that's all right then. :facepalm:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He was on a phone-in show and was asked about food banks. You think he shouldn't have answered? If he had said "No comment" do you think The Guardian and their lickspittles would have just let that response go?

He was very probably in a no win position, as has been proven by the outfall from this. He passed praise on the spirit of the British people, and he's attached by those who choose to believe he takes joy from the fact food banks exist.

I think he should have said that food banks were a catastrophe in a first world economy and that he and his party have failed to provide a decent enough economy to ensure that people have enough money to live on. I would also like him to say that he has failed both the people who needed to visit them and the people who were running them.

Some mealy mouthed crap about the inspiration he garners from watching other people clean up his mess just doesn't cut it for me.

Can't see it happening though, although we all know that this would be the truth of the matter.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ahhhhh Labour had them too, well that's all right then. :facepalm:

I'm not saying it's alright.

I am saying your attack seems to be neglecting criticism of one party who oversaw food bank usage. A cynic would suggest that it suits your agenda to try to ignore that.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I think he should have said that food banks were a catastrophe in a first world economy and that he and his party has failed to provide a decent enough economy to ensure that people have enough money to live on. I would also like him to say that he has failed both the people who needed to visit them and the people who were running them.

B

Well suck it instead then. Others don't agree with you. All parties are culpable. Oh don't forget the treasury note, 'there is no money left'.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Run away in shame son, it would be the honorable thing

Is this really the best you have got?

You made an incorrect assumption (in a pretty arrogant way i will grant you) about my post and got called out on it. it happens move on.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Is this really the best you have got?

You made an incorrect assumption (in a pretty arrogant way i will grant you) about my post and got called out on it. it happens move on.

It's the only response you deserve to be frank.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyway, long before I heard about this story, I was asked about Albion fans supporting local food banks, following a scheme set up in Newcastle.

I think it would be a good thing for us to do.

[tweet]908370863006904320[/tweet]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A SuperCu*t

The nastiest man in British politics.

Forget the food banks, the out of touch dinosaur wants to force mothers to give birth after incestuous rape!

Out of touch 11th century ***t!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not saying it's alright.

I am saying your attack seems to be neglecting criticism of one party who oversaw food bank usage. A cynic would suggest that it suits your agenda to try to ignore that.

I haven't attacked one party over another. I talked about the ruling classes of which JRM is a part. Red or Blue, matters little to me.

In my lifetime I have not seen a government that puts the people it represents high enough up its priorities list.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well suck it instead then.

Not sure what you are on about here.

Others don't agree with you.

Of course they do its called a discussion (well with some people anyway)

All parties are culpable.

Glad we agree on something

Oh don't forget the treasury note, 'there is no money left'.

There is plenty of money you just need a government that has the desire and wherewithal to get it.

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I agree, except that I don't think they do pander to the masses, I suspect that things might be far better if they did. The masses vote them in but their interests are way down the priorities list.

I agree, good point, they more than often promise one thing and deliver something else

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It takes a special kind of moron to not realise it might be controversial to use the word uplifting when talking about food banks.
[MENTION=18559]dingodan[/MENTION] Can't the poor just sell their kids if they want to buy food?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It takes a special kind of moron to not realise it might be controversial to use the word uplifting when talking about food banks.
[MENTION=18559]dingodan[/MENTION] Can't the poor just sell their kids if they want to buy food?

Certainly the charities that JRM praises don't approve or appreciate his contribution as much as some of the posters around these parts - from today's Guardian..........

Garry Lemon, the head of media and external affairs at the Trussell Trust, Britain’s biggest food bank network, said: “We agree that the work of volunteers and voluntary organisations is uplifting, but food banks are an emergency service and whilst they do all they can to offer support to people in crisis they cannot solve structural problems alone.”
Chris Price, the executive director of Pecan, which runs the Trussell Trust-affiliated Southwark food bank in south London, said: “What he [Rees-Mogg] is saying is that it is great that people are in poverty and that we are here to help them. It is a very unchristian thing to say.”

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Anyway, long before I heard about this story, I was asked about Albion fans supporting local food banks, following a scheme set up in Newcastle.

I think it would be a good thing for us to do.

[tweet]908370863006904320[/tweet]

Three people from my church help out in the Whitehawk food bank.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here