Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Has Spoken

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No need to give me that message Tone but many like [MENTION=32776]heathgate[/MENTION] need it. Rouse those bed wetting, negative ****s. Well done. My only concern is your use of a comma before a conjunction. This is just not acceptable on NSC. I have capitalised the conjunction and entrust it will not be repeated in your call to arms in the PL next season.

"Our players were magnificent on Friday night in the most difficult of circumstances. We hardly conceded a chance while playing the last 30 minutes with ten men, having had four key players injured during the game. This has given us a real possibility to progress, AND one the players are determined to take."

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Hats off to Tony, we are so so lucky in many ways, sometimes sadly some don't appreciate that. I can hardly believe I'm saying this, having originally not really been keen on the idea....But if ever we've needed DRUMS it's Monday!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No need to give me that message Tone but many like [MENTION=32776]heathgate[/MENTION] need it. Rouse those bed wetting, negative ****s. Well done. My only concern is your use of a comma before a conjunction. This is just not acceptable on NSC. I have capitalised the conjunction and entrust it will not be repeated in your call to arms in the PL next season.

"Our players were magnificent on Friday night in the most difficult of circumstances. We hardly conceded a chance while playing the last 30 minutes with ten men, having had four key players injured during the game. This has given us a real possibility to progress, AND one the players are determined to take."
Oxford comma, and it's fine!

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Brighton & Hove Albion chairman Tony Bloom has called on fans to play a vital part on Monday as we seek to overturn a 2-0 deficit in the playoff semi-final second leg at the Amex.

Over the last nine months, our players have been outstanding - and they deserve to achieve something on the back of their superb efforts this season. They have made this one of the most memorable seasons in the club's 115-year history. In almost any other year our points tally would have proved enough for automatic promotion, but on Monday night that counts for nothing.

Our players were magnificent on Friday night in the most difficult of circumstances. We hardly conceded a chance while playing the last 30 minutes with ten men, having had four key players injured during the game. This has given us a real possibility to progress, and one the players are determined to take.

We've faced bigger battles, longer odds and tougher tasks in our time, yet still come through to triumph against the odds. We are Brighton, we know the deal: more often than not we have to do things the hard way. Throughout our history we've taken knocks, setbacks and injustice in our stride and come back stronger, time and time again. Let's do that now, players and fans together.

This group of players have a belief that they can still achieve our ultimate goal. They know it won't be easy, and they know success never comes easy. It will take huge amounts of spirit and passion from the players and the fans for us to win through on Monday night.

Our fans were once again outstanding on Friday, and I implore every single fan to get right behind the players throughout the game. We need you to pack the Amex, turn it blue and white and create a fantastic atmosphere. Sing, be loud, make the Amex a bigger cauldron of noise than it has ever been. Don’t let up from the first minute to the last - this will be the inspiration that will help the players get the result that we all deserve to help us to Wembley.

Tony Bloom

If ONLY he had ended it with 'WE WUNT BE DRUV'

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Right the near the end of the playoff home leg against Swindon I remember standing up and shouting at the rest of the stand 'We haven't f***ing lost this yet. COME ON' and I swear this got a chant going and maybe just maybe this helped spur Adam Virgo on. So just remember on Monday one little bit of positivity might just make all the difference.

Christ that's altered my mood entirely. I was envisaging sitting in my seat for the whole game just 'being there' but not now! We absolutely have to get behind the team. The message has to filter out from north stand chat and resonate with the whole ground. IF we score first then we absolutely can win this game. Let's get behind them.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I'm sure you knew what I meant. :jester:

I don't think they know what anyone means unless they are provided with a 10,000 page document detailing exactly what you did mean and explaining why you didn't mean every other possible thing you could potentially have meant, nevermind how unlikely or stupid.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Wonder how much it costs to hire Kenneth Branagh? :)

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility:
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;
Let pry through the portage of the head
Like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it
As fearfully as doth a galled rock
O'erhang and jutty his confounded base,
Swill'd with the wild and wasteful ocean.
Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide,
Hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit
To his full height. On, on, you noblest English.
Whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof!
Fathers that, like so many Alexanders,
Have in these parts from morn till even fought
And sheathed their swords for lack of argument:
Dishonour not your mothers; now attest
That those whom you call'd fathers did beget you.
Be copy now to men of grosser blood,
And teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman,
Whose limbs were made in England, show us here
The mettle of your pasture; let us swear
That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;
For there is none of you so mean and base,
That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm 45. I've worn colours to a game once since I was 12 - for the play off final in Cardiff. Tony has inspired me. I'm in. Let's ****ing do this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here