Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you go to the promotion parade?

Will you go ot the promotion parade?

• Damn right I will!

Votes: 213 43.2%
  • No - I'm all celebrated out and it's gone a bit flat now.

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • No - awkward timing (with kids etc)

Votes: 65 13.2%
  • No - all celebrated out AND awkward timing

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • No - other reason (please state)

Votes: 79 16.0%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 59 12.0%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Everyone I have spoken to just wants to bowl up, watch from the street, or meet up casually, see what happens. This zone stuff is bonkers.

How do the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal etc. manage to drive a bus through London, and yet we need all this just to get from the Palace Pier to Grand Avenue!? :shrug:

Generally I don't think they lay on giant video screens to entertain the crowds while the bus is on the way, I've not seen that on any other victory parades. Plus Hove Lawns is by a main road which (I assume?) won't be fully closed off there once the bus has arrived, so they need an element of crowd control so people aren't spilling over onto the A259 there.

Yes yes, 'elf & safety and all that bollocks, all a bit tedious. And personally I'd have MUCH preferred the bus to have come along the seafront and end up at Hove Town Hall for some balcony shannigans again. But I still wouldn't miss it. A few beers in the pub before and after, with some tinnies and wine during, getting blasted on the seafront with a bunch of mates, celebrating with our Premier League team. Whats not to like ? Like I say, its what you make of it yourselves.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Generally I don't think they lay on giant video screens to entertain the crowds while the bus is on the way, I've not seen that on any other victory parades. Plus Hove Lawns is by a main road which (I assume?) won't be fully closed off there once the bus has arrived, so they need an element of crowd control so people aren't spilling over onto the A259 there.

Yes yes, 'elf & safety and all that bollocks, all a bit tedious. And personally I'd have MUCH preferred the bus to have come along the seafront and end up at Hove Town Hall for some balcony shannigans again. But I still wouldn't miss it. A few beers in the pub before and after, with some tinnies and wine during, getting blasted on the seafront with a bunch of mates, celebrating with our Premier League team. Whats not to like ? Like I say, its what you make of it yourselves.

I'll no doubt have a good time of it. But here is the place to have a moan rather than on the day. If I hear anyone moaning on the day, I will have a quiet word.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I might just pack my Speedos, yes.

We'll be taking a picnic and tartan rug.

Tide is going to be out too. Sod it, lets get on this thing, football on the beach, cricket, speedos, swimming races, high jump competition over zone barriers. Anti zone chanting...'your zone B is ****ing shit, your Zone B is ****ing shit' 'we're the zone A we're the zone A we're the zone A Brighton Boys...'.

Okay I'm up for this now.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No....won't be there.
Far too far to travel to watch some more flag waving nonsense. Open top bus parades should be for teams that win something and then the trophy can be paraded. Are Newcastle having one? I doubt it. I lost interest in this when the players decided that they had lost interest in winning the title. Lets all celebrate players, some of whom couldn't be arsed to put a shift in for the last 3-4 games ( and one was player of the season!!! )
It was a limp and anti-climactic end to the season and yet fans are expected to greet them like conquering heroes. No thanks.

Guess your taking next year off then

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Moan moan bloody moan.

The afternoon/evening will be what YOU make of it. Instead of grizzling about the zones, the timing, the councillors etc etc, just turn up with a bunch of friends and family, cheer the team, watch the videos, drink some beer, listen to the speeches, and partake.

You never know. You MIGHT even crack a bloody smile.

I don't like crowds, I get anxiety and I know this would rear it's head in a penned in area. I have the bladder of an infant hummingbird so being kettled in an area with no chance of finding a toilet would be unenjoyable. Plus, I'm not actually that keen on being in the PL and seeing as we made a dog's breakfast of our bid to win the cup, I see little that's worth 4 hours of noise and anxiety on a Sunday evening.
You gonand snjoy it for us all. I shall be paddling along the Adur in a kayak with all that nonsense far behind me.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don't like crowds, I get anxiety and I know this would rear it's head in a penned in area. I have the bladder of an infant hummingbird so being kettled in an area with no chance of finding a toilet would be unenjoyable. Plus, I'm not actually that keen on being in the PL and seeing as we made a dog's breakfast of our bid to win the cup, I see little that's worth 4 hours of noise and anxiety on a Sunday evening.
You gonand snjoy it for us all. I shall be paddling along the Adur in a kayak with all that nonsense far behind me.

So all your previous posts were pointless then, if we had won the title with a 46 game winning run you wouldn't have gone anyway

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tide is going to be out too. Sod it, lets get on this thing, football on the beach, cricket, speedos, swimming races, high jump competition over zone barriers. Anti zone chanting...'your zone B is ****ing shit, your Zone B is ****ing shit' 'we're the zone A we're the zone A we're the zone A Brighton Boys...'.

Okay I'm up for this now.

:thumbsup: Good lad

Fair enough, its not for everyone.

I'm just finding myself slightly irked by the "waaa waaa we didn't win any of our last 3 games, so bollocks to it" brigade.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
:thumbsup: Good lad

Fair enough, its not for everyone.

I'm just finding myself slightly irked by the "waaa waaa we didn't win any of our last 3 games, so bollocks to it" brigade.

That certainly isn't the main reason I'm not going and I find it strange if that's the only reason somebody would deny themselves a bit of fun to spite people that aren't going to know whether you're there or not but hey ho, all sorts and all that.
Genuinely hope those that go have an ace time, just not for me.
Enjoy!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So all your previous posts were pointless then, if we had won the title with a 46 game winning run you wouldn't have gone anyway

Nothing I do is pointless.

To my knowledge I've only stated that I'm not going because of all the faffing and the rules. Only once mentioned we made a dog's dinner out of last three games. Not sure what YOUR point is?

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
Sadly I am a no. Driving to Midlands ready for early business meeting on Monday. Would have only be 60/40 if I was here though. Recorder set ready to watch on Wednesday

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
85a8da65c06471cde29e3cdd66f610f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
c8cfa125de0f4917eebf298d010e44fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
People spending 7 days a week 2/3 hours a day on a football forum following Brighton & Hove Albion fc
Saying they've got better things to do than watch that football team have a parade celebrating their greatest achievement :lolol::lolol::clap::albion2:

I had decided not to go but now I'm having second thoughts.

It's not something that happens often and I'd really like to go but what with all the hanging about and the regimentation around Hove Lawns it was putting me off. Plus getting a train back to St Leonard's after the speeches etc is going to be a nightmare.

But then I thought, why not just go to the bus parade? I could walk down to the seafront from the station, see the bus parade and walk with it for a while and then head back to the station. The train will be empty as most people will have gone on to Hove Lawns.

That way I will have seen and experienced the bus parade and all the speeches will be on TV or the internet later anyway.

Sounds like a plan to me. I'm too bloody old to stand around in a zone for four hours!

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011

Not just a brigade but 242 vs 186

I think they are more then "irked" about the last 3 games.
The players didn't up show up, So can you blame them for doing the same!.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not just a brigade but 242 vs 186

I think they are more then "irked" about the last 3 games.
The players didn't up show up, So can you blame them for doing the same!.

Yes, yes I can.

Those players have MORE than just "showed up" for the last 2 YEARS. After the devastation of how the previous season ended, for them to have come back, gone again, and won promotion by 8 points showed massive guts, character and sheer bloody force of will.

If some NIMRODS want to turn round and thumb their nose at the team because of the last 3 games, and make their little point, then they can poke it. I wouldn't want them there spoiling the day anyway. They'll soon come sloping back when the season kicks off and "all will be forgiven" no doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here