Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Assuming Baldock stays the squad MUST have 5 recognisable strikers.

We actually need 7 - the other two to loan out as a BIG PREMIER LEAGUE CLUB to smaller FOOTBALL LEAGUE teams such as Villa, Leeds, Forest etc :)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The difference between Ulloa's goal in the last minute and this afternoon's giving up of a goal in the last minutes are almost exact opposites on the football excitement scale.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
A yes from me at the right price, the quality of service is much better than when he was here before and he will score goals.
Not given any game time at present and that is where the problem is.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Baldock showed yesterday how much we miss him when he doesn't play. If we cant upgrade on him he needs to stay

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a patronising load of crap!
I might have been a teeny weeny bit titsy so soon after the Villa game, but the point still stands.

Although in hindsight I will add one caveat.
If deals can be done for Ulloa to arrive, one of Hemed or Murray goes, and the club makes a profit then I'm all in on the deal.

The thought of replacing one either slightly better or slightly worse striker, with Leo, and playing x million for the privilege is crazy talk.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This does open up an interesting question on what our transfer model is going to be as a PL team. Are we going to look to secure experienced players who are around 30, but still have something to prove. (Similar to the Southampton model under Lawrie McMenemy) or younger players that we will have for a couple of seasons and then sell onto a bigger club for a tidy profit?

Ulloa would fit the experienced model.

Personally, a great player for us but think we should at this stage be aiming higher.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Baldock showed yesterday how much we miss him when he doesn't play. If we cant upgrade on him he needs to stay

If we fail to upgrade on him or even get a similar style player again we are coming straight back down.

If Ulloa is our main striker target I will be seriously underwhelmed. Do we really need three players who are all much the same? What we desperately need is another player with some pace and creativity as well as finishing ability to compliment Murray or Ulloa. He will likely cost much much more than the rather pedestrian Ulloa.

Last edited:

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
If we fail to upgrade on him or even get a similar style player again we are coming straight back down.

If Ulloa is our main striker target I will be seriously underwhelmed. Do we really need three players who are all much the same? What we desperately need is another player with some pace and creativity as well as finishing ability to compliment Murray or Ulloa. He will likely cost much much more than the rather pedestrian Ulloa.

Yes agree but even without a good goal scoring record Baldock is a good asset to have in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here