Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stocky

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
:facepalm:

The comical clearance at forest springs to mind :wrong:

By the same logic we should also get rid of Bruno for that back pass again Preston and Knockaert for the countless amount of times he's decided to shoot when he should have passed to a player in another position.

All players are capable of making a mistake, but when a goalkeeper makes a mistake it usually ends in a goal being conceded.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I assume you are like the two gimps I saw in Palace shirts around Eastbourne earlier. Nowhere to be seen for months and then 1 win against someone half decent and out they come.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Only stumbling block is the length of contract.
He wants longer than we offered.

Brexit Britain, innit. We're trying to get him to sign a zero hours contract together with joe hart so we'll have two keepers for the price of one. Genius.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Do you know if maapaa is staying also? Or are we promoting Walton up to number 2

Haven't heard but I imagine he'd be delighted to be a Premier League keeper and we won't want to waste £££ signing a backup keeper.
Luton/Southend to top division is a pretty big step up. I doubt Walton will be first team squad next season.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Christian Walton is perfectly capable of being our number 2 next season, he's a fantastic young goalkeeper.

Stockdale, however, is our number 1 as long as he wants to be. If he wants 3 years, we should give it to him because, worst case scenario, we go up and decide to upgrade him, there would be no shortage of Championship clubs willing to buy him. It's a no lose situation.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I expect it's the otherway round. If we go up then we'll be looking at a new keeper as he isn't good enough for prem football. Might as well give the opposition a 2 goal head start.

Give me a t - T
Give me an r - R
Give me me an o - O
Give me an l - L
Give me another l - L
and what have you got....

That's right a w@nker

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Christian Walton is perfectly capable of being our number 2 next season, he's a fantastic young goalkeeper.

I'm not suggesting that you're wrong, but I would enquire as to what gives you that degree of confidence in him, baring in mind that he's never played at higher than League 2?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I'm not suggesting that you're wrong, but I would enquire as to what gives you that degree of confidence in him, baring in mind that he's never played at higher than League 2?

He played League 1 just yesterday, and he played in the Championship for us. He's a cracking player who hasn't played many games, but Stevie Wonder can see he's a top class young goalkeeper. There's a reason he's been kept in the England under 21 set up. As back up to Stockdale he's more than capable, but I don't see Maenpaa sticking around to be third choice.

Joe Hart was in a similar position of not having played many games, so was David Seaman once upon a time and even Gigi Buffon had to start somewhere. His professional debut for Parma was against AC Milan as a 17/18 year old, every player has a debut. Walton is a quality goalkeeper, ask anyone who knows anything about goalkeepers.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He played League 1 just yesterday, and he played in the Championship for us. He's a cracking player who hasn't played many games, but Stevie Wonder can see he's a top class young goalkeeper. There's a reason he's been kept in the England under 21 set up. As back up to Stockdale he's more than capable, but I don't see Maenpaa sticking around to be third choice.

Joe Hart was in a similar position of not having played many games, so was David Seaman once upon a time and even Gigi Buffon had to start somewhere. His professional debut for Parma was against AC Milan as a 17/18 year old, every player has a debut. Walton is a quality goalkeeper, ask anyone who knows anything about goalkeepers.

Nice response!
I didn't realise he played yesterday.
I think we're in for a tough season 17/18 and I'd want more experience, personally. But I can't argue with your thoughts there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here