Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We were all over the place at the back, Plenty to do on the training pitch this week.

Huddersfield looked well organised and they all knew the plan, They looked good, Fair play to them.

Can you ask your cousin Raver to pop back over? We are all concerned for his safety.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
When the fixtures were published there were loads of Croyd-magnons saying that they would have a chance to relegate the Albion. Was this an early sign that they may plan to do this by gifting points to everyone else likely to be at the bottom end of the table?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
And maybe [MENTION=1721]Mr Putdown[/MENTION], has been er, put down

Sadly not, I've been away with my family at a chateau we hired in the south of France and have only just got back. No internet or phone signal down there and I didn't even know the result until Monday.

Reading here and the BBS, it looks like I missed a dreadful start to the season to say the least. :)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Sadly not, I've been away with my family at a chateau we hired in the south of France and have only just got back. No internet or phone signal down there and I didn't even know the result until Monday.

Reading here and the BBS, it looks like I missed a dreadful start to the season to say the least. :)
That old chestnut, been away on holiday..

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Where is the Raver ? Has he put in an appearance on this thread?

:bigwave:

Funny that you're all getting excited by 1 result, especially after you lost as well and only had 22% possession AT HOME.

And yes I know what you're gonna say, it was Huddersfield for us and Man City for you but Huddersfield are not a side to be underestimated. They are new to the league so were well up for it and in Wagner they have a very good manager. In case you've forgotten, they smashed you back in February and have since spent £40 million this summer on upgrading their squad. Their new striker Mounie was a handful and looks a steal at around £11 million.

I won't lie though, I am concerned by FDB's insistence on playing 3-4-3 but I'd still rather be in our position that yours, your squad is currently looking well below where it should be.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I won't lie though, I am concerned by FDB's insistence on playing 3-4-3 but I'd still rather be in our position that yours, your squad is currently looking well below where it should be.

You're second bottom having played one of the "easiest" fixtures (on paper) in th league, we are above you having played one of the most difficult. Your infrastructure is like something out of 1981 and your wage bill is - in all likelihood - MILES higher than ours.

I can see why you're being a bit of a gobshite rather than just sucking it up for the time being, I really can. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
You're second bottom having played one of the "easiest" fixtures (on paper) in th league, we are above you having played one of the most difficult. Your infrastructure is like something out of 1981 and your wage bill is - in all likelihood - MILES higher than ours.

I can see why you're being a bit of a gobshite rather than just sucking it up for the time being, I really can. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

We lost to the lesser teams in Sunderland, Swansea and Burnley last year and beat the bigger teams like Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal so your point about losing to the smaller teams means nothing to me.

Pretty sure we will still finish above you, you only have to look at the quality of the 2 squads to tell that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here