Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davy Propper: Record midfield signing from PSV - OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Boooooo

Nope I'm basing my opinion of Mooy on him being shitehouse, my 4 minute highlight reel would look more impressive, than his entire season :lol:. But don't let that detract you from the fact this fella is the business.

I've got family in the Dutch Antilles and they think he's a jolly good chap.

Can he ride a bike?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Apologies if already linked, but here's a PSV forum thread with a mighty 156 page thread on Propper. We are first mentioned at page 150, with some disbelief, mostly due to the Mail getting the price hopelessly wrong. Interestingly, earlier in the day, someone suggests C. Palace as a good club for him to ply his trade at.

http://psv.netwerk.to/forums/HTML/forum7/1517-150.php

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Apologies if already linked, but here's a PSV forum thread with a mighty 156 page thread on Propper. We are first mentioned at page 150, with some disbelief, mostly due to the Mail getting the price hopelessly wrong. Interestingly, earlier in the day, someone suggests C. Palace as a good club for him to ply his trade at.

http://psv.netwerk.to/forums/HTML/forum7/1517-150.php

i like the way the thread went from..how much, thats ridiculous etc etc ..and then... hes shit/average at the end of the thread haha

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
We had all this with Thomas Delaney so I'm gonna hold back any excitement until this is official

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Funny observation earlier about people warming to the premise of signing him once they realised he was a £13m player rather than £3.5m!

Me, I was more like:

>£3.5m
>Dutch International
>PSV
> ...
>We are the greatest masters of artful transfer wheeling-dealing in the history of all sport

but thats just me i'm an optimist

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am using Safari on the iPad so will have to do a crash course in Dutch.!

These are fairly typical comments:

It's a pity that after such a fantastic 1st season, this is a great solution, provided that there is a good and experienced power for it. I really liked him, also in the practice matches with Orange right after the season he suddenly was a dissonant. The last games are too powerless, he really can not pull the car and he is not the type too.

Davy, you're doing well in the PL.
Marcel Brands: 6 million to budget back and 7 million spend as you can!

This is not okay!

Thanks for a very good first season, especially your delicious CL goal.
But since last season, I'm glad you're going for a very nice amount and hopefully we can attract a motivated player.

You will also be able to stroke the sleeves in the field as a low-class team : B

Wondering if Pröpper saves it in the PL !?
Considering what he brought in Eindhoven last season he will not be able to break pots, I fear.

In itself, it's smart that he goes there. At any other Premier League club he should charge himself twice a year for a match against Brighton and Hove. Now he has many beautiful opponents.

If Pröpper had a good season then we could also pay around 15 million in the transfer market next year. I can finally live fine with this deal, provided that there is a master plan behind it. Guardado has of course also left, so maybe there are games behind Gutiérrez behind the scenes. Brighton would not be my choice, so notable change. Centenary issue? How did Pröpper actually appear on Thursday? Interested?

Pröpper was fantastic in his first season and a worthy replacement of Wijnaldum, despite being a different type of player. Last season it was not good and he is very well replaceable. I think for all parties a good to good transfer.

Glowing is therefore a recognized horse of Troy. Pony. Amount for Pröpper seems fine. This boy must look closely in the mirror. On a good day brilliant (and that was not often) and on a lesser day completely absent. Once with Voskat: mentally just a slapjanus
Thinking about it again, and from Brighton's point of view, I understand. They did not buy Pröpper (if t continues ..) due to last season, but on his potential and what he has shown for this. However, they also know that when Pröpper turns a good season, he never never goes to Brighton. So, such a strong negotiating position, Brighton did not think they could be lowball. They pay the high season prize in the low season because they are considered a small club. For PSV fine NOW, even though this will mean that the Luckassen / Hapsen / St Justes for the top 3 are no longer feasible.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Best comment there... :thumbsup:

Glowing wrote:

But, we lose a wonderful football player. Awesome sorry that the guy is now negative, he deserves really better. Besides, he deserves better than Brighton ... Is not good for our status, a strongholder who goes to an English nothing-nuts club.

HR
Dangerous nonsense. Brighton plays beautiful football, offensive, with at least one idea behind ... (hint). They were the best of the Championship, with just that dredger Newcastle above them.
And as if 'status' still counts. PSV's status is: last year third and now after 44 years no European football. That's our status, just win it. Whether Zenit or Brighton is putting 15 million on the table: it's 15 million. For a club like PSV the absolute main prize for such a moderate player.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Not a dig at you or your mate, but I really hate the ridiculous "didn't look interested" or "loses interest" description. It just doesn't make sense, it's a game of football not a bloody crossword!

Maybe he's lazy or not trying or out of form or out of position or simply needs the occasional rest, but unless you're Kemy Augestien I refuse to believe professional footballers just stop caring half way through a game.

Kemy Augestien. I wonder if he would have passed the new CH psychological profiling that seems to dictate our play purchasing policy these days.

Exactly! Glenn Murray, despite being a pro for 20 years and training all week for the game, all he does is score the odd chance when he gets it but the rest of the time he's just wondering aimlessly round thinking about what he's having for dinner. Of course :facepalm:

We should have tried this as motivation for Kemy. Sake.

AKPOM made me angry.

If Akpom made you angry what did you do when you saw Leon Best in the Albion shirt? Immediately head off an a Michael Douglas style Falling Down full blown RAMPAGE?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Monday morning sounds the perfect time for a new signing....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here