Davy Propper: Record midfield signing from PSV - OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

They think he is too good for us on that site:

Amr Says:
August 6, 2017 at 19:44
a stupid move for propper and the fee is too low for psv propper deserves a better club than a relegation fight team in the pl

LVH Says:
August 6, 2017 at 19:53
I’m guessing someone at the Daily Mail forgot to type a 1 in front of the 3 for the price in pounds.

Anyway, I get the reason for the sale. Thinking from a national team perspective, this is yet another player leaving the Eredivisie for a club abroad that isn’t exactly what anyone would call good. He’s yet to impress with Oranje, but this move won’t help him much in that aspect I don’t think

Good stuff! :amex:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He looks like a more mobile version of Dale Stephens. Give us a bit more height also for set pieces at both ends of the pitch.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If we can pull this off then in Propper and Groß we will have nabbed arguably the two most creative and influencial midfielders from the German and Dutch top tier.

That's not bad going for what has felt like a subdued transfer window.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having now watched the same 4 minute highlight reel for the second time I think we can safely say this fella is considerably better than Mooy, for pretty much the same money.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Really hope the club get this over the line

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
If we can pull this off then in Propper and Groß we will have nabbed arguably the two most creative and influencial midfielders from the German and Dutch top tier.

That's not bad going for what has felt like a subdued transfer window.

I think Bayern and Dorthmund fans might argue that they've got better players than Ingolstadt.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is bedwetting allowed due to nervous excitement? ???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Exactly the unexpected type of signing that I was hoping for, never heard of him but looks good on the usual utube clips and highly regarded. International player and great experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Looks ABSOLUTELY MINT. Please happen.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Having now watched the same 4 minute highlight reel for the second time I think we can safely say this fella is considerably better than Mooy, for pretty much the same money.

Have you also watched a 4 minute highlight reel of Mooy? Or are you basing it on seeing Mooy play a fair bit last season?

Without meaning to sound negative, I think it's very difficult to read much into these highlight reels. Almost any player can be made to look fantastic in a highlights reel.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He's a top player. If this happens it will be insane. Badly needed after today too. Neither Stephens nor Kayal at the races.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think Bayern and Dorthmund fans might argue that they've got better players than Ingolstadt.

"The 25-year-old [Groß] is the most creative player in the Bundesliga this season having laid on 95 chances for his team-mates..."

http://www.squawka.com/news/brighto...ss-from-ingolstadt/949781#XFiLz676kAdicdmd.99

"Propper has a willingness to play on the front foot as 83% of 796 completed passes are forward passes while he has created 48 chances this season according to Squawka."

http://www.football-oranje.com/davy-propper-psvs-midfield-maestro/

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you also watched a 4 minute highlight reel of Mooy? Or are you basing it on seeing Mooy play a fair bit last season?

Without meaning to sound negative, I think it's very difficult to read much into these highlight reels. Almost any player can be made to look fantastic in a highlights reel.

Boooooo

Nope I'm basing my opinion of Mooy on him being shitehouse, my 4 minute highlight reel would look more impressive, than his entire season :lol:. But don't let that detract you from the fact this fella is the business.

I've got family in the Dutch Antilles and they think he's a jolly good chap.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
"The 25-year-old is the most creative player in the Bundesliga this season having laid on 95 chances for his team-mates..."

http://www.squawka.com/news/brighto...ss-from-ingolstadt/949781#XFiLz676kAdicdmd.99

"Propper has a willingness to play on the front foot as 83% of 796 completed passes are forward passes while he has created 48 chances this season according to Squawka."

http://www.football-oranje.com/davy-propper-psvs-midfield-maestro/

So is it 95 chances or 48?

They need to make up their mind so we can decide once and for all :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here