Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No singing on the horizon, if there was it would have been mentioned on the 'complete list of transfer targets' thread.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Do I smell a possible singing? Please let it be so.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Assuming the Propper deal goes through, we have further evidence that very few people these days know who our transfer targets are - his name hasn't been mentioned at all in connection with us prior to today, and suddenly we seem to be on the verge of signing him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
[MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] is ITK. Propper will be our next signing. He says he isn't but i heard otherwise.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
???

Looks like potentially a proper SINGING at last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Propper would be a top signing.

Sorry Tyrone, but why? Not being confrontational, just never heard of him. What type of player is he?

Just a bit nervous about Dutch players....

ÀSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We missed out on Van Dyke when he was with Groningen or peoples' nerves over signing Dutch players might have been calmed. :lolol:

Propper is a big upgrade on Norwood as he can contribute consistently across the pitch from a deepish lying centre midfield position - he passes accurately and has an eye for the killer ball. Reasonable pace and will fit in particularly well to a counter-attacking style. He can also score goals. All action, he will suit a two man or three man midfield. He did well in PSV's Eredivisie winning side and remained their most consistant performer last season when the team disappointed. With a business head on, we have paid top dollar for a player who, if he adapts as expected, will still turn a future profit, especially in a rising market. My grandson (who admittedly supports Ajax) says that if we waited another season we probably couldn't be able to afford him as "one of the top sides would pick him up."

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We missed out on Van Dyke when he was with Groningen or peoples' nerves over signing Dutch players might have been calmed. :lolol:

Propper is a big upgrade on Norwood as he can contribute consistently across the pitch from a deepish lying centre midfield position - he passes accurately and has an eye for the killer ball. Reasonable pace and will fit in particularly well to a counter-attacking style. He can also score goals. All action, he will suit a two man or three man midfield. He did well in PSV's Eredivisie winning side and remained their most consistant performer last season when the team disappointed. With a business head on, we have paid top dollar for a player who, if he adapts as expected, will still turn a future profit, especially in a rising market. My grandson (who admittedly supports Ajax) says that if we waited another season we probably couldn't be able to afford him as "one of the top sides would pick him up."

Excellent summary, thank you and your Grandson.

Wasn't Van Dyke an exception to the rule In the last 5 years?

Very exciting though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
In Argus this morning

"Albion are still intent on signing another striker, right-back and third-choice goalkeeper before the transfer window closes on August 31.
Hughton said: "Am I happy with the squad? No, because we want to be as strong as possible going into this season and come the end of the month, but I am also conscious that we have got to bring in the right players.
"I am happy with the quality but we would like to strengthen if we can."

via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...midfield_options_a_boost_after_Kayal_concern/

Also confirms Propper signing
"Albion's central midfield options are poised for a timely boost with the club record capture of Dutch international Davy Propper." (as Kayal is injured)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds like a Propper SINGING is imminent and all he needs is a shirt to hold up ???

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So with the signing of Propper looking almost complete, that leaves us a striker, right back, & goalkeeper to come if the Argus is to be believed.

For me, we should also be looking at another winger. Not as an addition, but to replace Skalak. He'll have little impact in the Premier League & his free kick ability is now not necessary as we have Suttner & Gross. Is the Haraguchi deal dead now?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
So with the signing of Propper looking almost complete, that leaves us a striker, right back, & goalkeeper to come if the Argus is to be believed.

If Bloom is to believed. He's effectively confirmed it in his Sky interview. Funny that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He's not staying is he?

:rubhandstogetherwithglee:

All these pundits predicting that Newcastle will stay up comfortably have ignored the fact that Rafa may well walk.

Benitez, not for the first time this summer, admitted his frustration at his struggles after Sunday's 2-0 friendly victory over Hellas Verona.

He said: "When I decided to stay, I was expecting another thing. Now we are where we are. I decided to stay because of a lot of positive things I could see, starting with the fans.

"I will try to do my best to be sure that the team we have will be good enough to compete and stay as high as we can in the Premier League."

I've been saying this since they went up. Ashley is a prize **** and Rafa will get fed up with trying to work with him, probably sooner rather than later. If (or when) he goes, Ashley will probably bring in one of his old mates as he did with Pardew and Jo Kinnear. Bring it on!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here