Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
My main concern is that although CH states publicly that he is "happy with what he's got".
What if come Sept 1st he realises that he is faced with an impossible task and decides to walk instead?

Then we really would be in trouble.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My main concern is that although CH states publicly that he is "happy with what he's got".
What if come Sept 1st he realises that he is faced with an impossible task and decides to walk instead?

He's not quite said that though has he.

The quote is...
“Am I happy with what I’ve got? Yes. But, like all managers, I want better.
“We are working very hard, the same as anybody else.”

ie: he wants and expects the club to make signings. He's far too classy to make it any clearer than that in interviews or public statements.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

I think this is PR talk really. Keep the squad happy etc. He knows, as everyone does, that we're still at least 4 players short.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not sold on the squad we have having what it takes to make a fist of it in the PL. Few top line signings could change that opinion quickly if they happen however.

Can only talk about the now, no point speculating on players who may never arrive.

Good stuff. Looking forward to your verdict on here when we make some signings.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Mildly annoyed, slight chagrin perhaps.
Shattered, absolutely not. I genuinely don't think any of the people I go with gave 1 iota after all was said and done.
We got where we needed to go.

So then some fans are more passionate about us winning silverware than others. We won't be winning shit in the PL after all.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Swansea are an established PL club now. We're not......can se why a player might put them ahead of us.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out why does it, we know why, and it had nothing to do with being an established PL club (that very nearly got relegated).

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The whinging is in your head, that's you putting emotion into words on a screen.

To me it's simply a discussion on where the squad is at at present and how we rate our off-season undertakings to present.

With respect. Everywhere on this forum is full of people being negative, and frankly it's getting on my tits. Just have faith and enjoy the ride ffs.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
As they say the impression you have of something is that which is freshest in your mind. Which of course is our woeful end to the season and throwing away the Championship title for many still.

That team looked well off PL standard and it hasn't been improved significantly from that point onwards.

It's even weaker than the team that got promoted now we have lost Stockdale and gained a midget aussie!!!!
I seem to recall you were pretty negative pre season last year:

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
I don't see us getting anywhere near 89 points this season in a stronger division.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out why does it, we know why, and it had nothing to do with being an established PL club (that very nearly got relegated).
Yep and we should all get that.
The fact that just because the Albion's money has risen exponentially it's not a great deal of help when everybody else's has too, and they all started with more.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's even weaker than the team that got promoted now we have lost Stockdale and gained a midget aussie!!!!
I seem to recall you were pretty negative pre season last year:

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
I don't see us getting anywhere near 89 points this season in a stronger division.

So we could go pull up thousands of "positive" posts the season we ended up in a relegation fight a few seasons back, were those people all wrong or did they just have an opinion?

I find it a tad stupid when people label posts "positive" or "negative" when critiquing something.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
With respect. Everywhere on this forum is full of people being negative, and frankly it's getting on my tits. Just have faith and enjoy the ride ffs.

Well that's the problem then. You take someone else's comment and apply negativity to it just because it doesn't fit your view.

A discussion on the merits of our present squad and recruiting to date is neither positive nor negative, it's simply a discussion.

Stop being so negative.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
So we could go pull up thousands of "positive" posts the season we ended up in a relegation fight a few seasons back, were those people all wrong or did they just have an opinion?

I find it a tad stupid when people label posts "positive" or "negative" when critiquing something.

Having seen your profile and how many posts on a single thread you have made I imagine you are like a dog with a bone and I have no desire to debate anything further with you.
I find that most of your comments are negative and I don't see how that makes me stupid.
I think that suggesting someone is stupid for critiquing a comment is rather immature.:kiss::kiss:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I thought we lost the first three games (Arsenal, Villa and Man City) before beating Bolton. The difference against Bolton was Mullery giving new signing Steve Foster his debut after keeping faith with 10 of the promotion team in the three defeats.

Yes, we lost the first three.

We were BOTTOM at the end of October.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Having seen your profile and how many posts on a single thread you have made I imagine you are like a dog with a bone and I have no desire to debate anything further with you.
I find that most of your comments are negative and I don't see how that makes me stupid.
I think that suggesting someone is stupid for critiquing a comment is rather immature.:kiss::kiss:

Too bad I didn't say that. Critiquing is fine. Assigning an emotion to it, stupid.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What concerns me about this latest article beyond the obvious, is that it only mentions a GK and a Striker. Meanwhile we have a gaping hole in our midfield which will be the critical signing for me.

I guess the positive spin could be that a deal is close/done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here