Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Salaries 2017/18

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Anyone any idea how much members of our first team squad will be paid this season? Be interesting to know!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone any idea how much members of our first team squad will be paid this season? Be interesting to know!

As revealed in the revelations of some of the contracts, as discussed at length on NSC, passim....

Personally I am inclined to say it is none of my effing business. Its not as if Tony doesn't know what he's doing, or even that if I thought he doesn't I could launch a rescue bid to take over the club.

Leave it alone, I say. :cheers:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I seem to recall reading that Knocky and Stephens were our highest earners this season and are on about 40k pw

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
The answer is to this is no one actually knows but you will get posts suggesting that they have heard that this player gets this and that player gets that! I conclude that they probably earn more than most on here!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The answer is to this is no one actually knows but you will get posts suggesting that they have heard that this player gets this and that player gets that! I conclude that they probably earn more than most on here!

...apart from [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] of course.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the early 90's when Robert Codner was being sentenced to a prison term, in mitigation his barrister said it would cost Codner £700 a week in basic wages from the Albion. So £36,000 a year salary for a Championship (Division 2) player.

At the same time, John Barnes became the first UK based player to earn £8,000 per week or £400k a year.

It's been an amazing transformation for the players.

Not said by me with any negativity; if the club deem it right, we have to pay market rates to compete.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
First teamers and those in an around that, who the club want to retain, will typically earn between £35k to £45k per week.

Not bad, a £2m salary for doing something you love.
Especially when you're one of those annoying players like rosenior or baldock that's always injured

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I don't want to know.

When I read that some premier league players earn in a week what it takes an average person four plus years to earn I do wonder where football is heading.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Have they been awarded new contracts since our promotion?
I'm assuming they'll get more in the Prem, that this would be a clause in a standard contract.
Only a little insight on the numbers in this thread so far. Thought someone might know more!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'm assuming they'll get more in the Prem, that this would be a clause in a standard contract.
Only a little insight on the numbers in this thread so far. Thought someone might know more!

As a club that's not the way we do our business though, is it? We don't bandy figures around for all and sundry to get het up over!

You may struggle to find "the truth".

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

That figure of £40k a week for first teamers with a new contract is a good shout.

Brighton don't yet have the publicity where the media bandy wages figures about when players join us. Which might be bollocks anyway.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here