Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

CFAHB

Jun 1, 2017
Would have thought Norwich would have been a better fit for him, much more likely to be pushing for promotion than Brum and last season he scored a couple for them.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
It's time for all folk to move along now. DS has his reasons. Be thankful for all he did for us and respect his choice. He honoured his contract, helped us to the PL. Life moves on. Thanks Dave & good luck buddie.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I bumped into a Burnley fan in London. He pointed out what I already know, that the Championship is far more fun and exciting that the Premier League.
I'm delighted that we've been promoted but I look forward to still following the adventures of Villa, Birmingham, Massive, Norwich, Boro, Leeds and Derby etc.
Top three:
Villa
Boro
Norwich

Good luck to DS on his next Championship roller coaster, I'm sure it will be entertaining.

I hope Norwich stay in the Championship for years. It'd be nice to see Alex Pritchard plying his trade down there for a long while yet.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
After his cockup at Villa he's still got unfinished business in the Championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Harry has just got himself the best Championship goalie on a free. I think Brum are going for it otherwise the old boy wouldn't be there. Good luck to DS, he will be missed for his work in the community but as El Presidente says he wouldn't fancy the bench at his age. He's done that and wants to play.

He was never the best

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Say £1m signing on fee - pay cash for a decent gaff in Leamington Spa / Stratford
£40k a week for three years - £1m for promotion - £20k a clean sheet
And if promoted in three years all of above get doubled

A fantastic Championship keeper with no transfer fee to pay - with various foreign owners throwing cash around like confetti to get to Premier League

Reckon we will sign Ryan, Ruddy and Maenpaa

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Birmingham? OK then. Thanks for the last couple of seasons, now let's sign someone to replace.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Yep thanks David - great last 2 seasons, you were a rock at the time of the Shoreham Air Crash. Totally baffled by this as a choice but must be a good reason.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As time went on it was clear it was unlikely he would sign but perhaps the fact that he has ended up at Birmingham as his best offer suggests we rate him higher than our own and other managers do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Totally stunned by this. Why would anyone swap playing in the Premier League for playing in the Championship for a club that at best has an outside chance of promotion. Good luck Stocko, but what are you doing?!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Lets be honest if we wanted to keep him ...

but we did want to keep him. He was offered a contract but presumably a shorter contract than he was hoping for (Brum have given him 3 years) and with kicker that he's no longer the guaranteed #1.

Virgo just tweeted and confirmed the #1 GK issue (but deleted it) and said it was "from the horses mouth" - presumably DS himself.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes yes yes. Most fans had accepted he was not going to sign. Most fans expected he'd end up with another EPL team or one of Europe's biggest sides such as Leeds Utd. But Birmingham? And you're not surprised?

I wasn't expecting big teams to be queuing up for him. Birmingham was not expected - I was thinking possibly Notts Forrest or Derby

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Say £1m signing on fee - pay cash for a decent gaff in Leamington Spa / Stratford
£40k a week for three years - £1m for promotion - £20k a clean sheet
And if promoted in three years all of above get doubled

A fantastic Championship keeper with no transfer fee to pay - with various foreign owners throwing cash around like confetti to get to Premier League

Reckon we will sign Ryan, Ruddy and Maenpaa

Lichfield is nice too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here