Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WORST holiday destination you've ever had the misfortune to visit

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I let the family choose this year and it's seems I'm flying out to Cala Grascio (?) a few miles north of San Antonio.
It's in Ibiza.
It is going to be like Benidorm in the early 80's all over again. This time I'll be with kids and the wife.
I don't want to go, even before I've gone :/

Imagine the horror if, a day before the holiday, your passport accidentally fell into the fruit blender. Gutting I know, but send the family off without you, and with a heavy heart, stay at home - with Sky Sport, Chips and Lager!!!!

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Marrakech filthy stinking dump. Romantic city my arse! Snakes with teeth taken out monkeys on chains with nappy's on and beggars with little kids...lovely.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
My ex had friends out there. We did visit some friends who ran an animal breeding centre out in the desert, that was brilliant, seeing all the animals and stuff but the city has no charm at all. It's a fake place for fake people.
Heading out to the desert is good fun. Waddy bashing and land rover racing across the dunes, and the wildlife is pretty amazing. We saw Baboons, cheetahs, wolves, raptors, and even had a baby desert fox that was being hand reared sleeping on the bottom of my bed.
The city is one big shopping mall though. Polished marble and Gucci handbags as far as the eye can see. The Arabs essentially use Asians as slave labour which is hard to witness. Food is ****ing dire, military police are intimidating and everywhere. And the heat, Jimminy Cricket! The bloody heat. We went in May, it was 46 I think. Couldn't stand the midday sun. Went into a cinema to watch Gladiator just to sit in air con. That was shite, the Arabs are a bloodthirsty race and they spoil their children rotten. Cinema was chock full of kids, like 3 to 7 he olds whose parents just let them run riot which they did except when a really gory part came on and they all watched transfixed and cheered . Shithole place, shithole people.
Agree with a lot there. But you're wrong about the food, there's some great restaurants in Dubai.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Olu deniz turkey

Ha ha. We went in the 80's. In the 60's it was an idyll apparently, Beautiful sheltered bay, surrounded by hills, bit of a hippy vibe.

Unfortunately the infrastructure had not changed since the 60's. The sewage from the village went straight into the bay. So guess what - there was no swimming.

Classic.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Easy -Sunny Beach in Bulgaria (went in the early 90s). By far the worst in all possible ways

Oh no, no, no! Some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen back then, shame you had to pay for them!

Like you, early 90's visit and we lads thought that we would be the bees knees in an ex-Soviet block country gagging for all that the West could offer. Unfortunately the Turkish Mafia had some slight advantages over us......money, muscle, guns etc etc.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Imagine the horror if, a day before the holiday, your passport accidentally fell into the fruit blender. Gutting I know, but send the family off without you, and with a heavy heart, stay at home - with Sky Sport, Chips and Lager!!!!

I do believe I need to renew my passport! ��

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Marrakech filthy stinking dump. Romantic city my arse! Snakes with teeth taken out monkeys on chains with nappy's on and beggars with little kids...lovely.
I had a great time in Marrakech in October last year with wife and two children. We were there for four days and stayed very near the centre of the old town. Yes, the toothless snakes and monkeys on chains were there but they were confined to a very small part of the main square and could easily be avoided. I was actually surprised at how little we were pestered, I get worse harassment from chugggers in the average high street than I did wandering around the Souk.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Years ago, I got Salmonella at a hotel in Majorca that was featured on Holidays From Hell about a year later. I also stayed in one of those bungalows in Corfu with my wife and two kids before those two children tragically died. Don't take any holiday tips from me!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm pleasantly surprised at the level of negativity toward Dubai here.

I'm not a fan, have been there on business and hated it. Awful treatment of Asians, dreadful ex pats and my colleague being molested at the gold souk

I would say things like ski slopes in shopping malls are akin to Disney without the class and fun

In terms of holiday locations, I would say Bugibba in Malta. It will be great when it's finished (must declare an interest here - it was the venue for my honeymoon with my ex so my view MIGHT be tainted)

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014

I'm not a fan, have been there on business and hated it. Awful treatment of Asians, dreadful ex pats and my colleague being molested at the gold souk

I would say things like ski slopes in shopping malls are akin to Disney without the class and fun

In terms of holiday locations, I would say Bugibba in Malta. It will be great when it's finished (must declare an interest here - it was the venue for my honeymoon with my ex so my view MIGHT be tainted)
Dubai sounds awful. Malta is dirty and a bit depressing, though the little island next to it is nicer. I never did like your ex.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I would never go to the middle east again, and to be honest it may sound petty or racist but because the wife is American there is no way I would go out of fear of us, her or our daughter being attacked I am just not going to risk it.

People in this country can be bad enough towards an American telling her about how shit her country is all the time..... Yeah she knows that is why she left.....

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
El Arenal, Majorca, about 30 years ago. Crummy hotel, shit weather, crap bars & the nightclub nearest our hotel had a Crystal Palace fan as a "schmoozer" outside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here