Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOTD Coverage

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Perhaps they are bright enough to understand that we are still adjusting to the step up and are giving us a few games before sticking the boot in, unlike some of our own.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Probably a tad vague, but this olde' video reminds me of our entrance into the PL.
Most clubs have some sort of sponsored naming of their stadia, Emirates, King Power etc........
I remember American Express wasn't always accepted years back, perhaps if our new stadium was called the 'American Express billion dollar stadium', we might of got a smitten of a mention MOTD, by the neutral Leicester fan, that is Gary Lineker.
To be honest, I don't really care, as long we go along doing the business (winning occasionally), I'll be happy :cool:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Probably a tad vague, but this olde' video reminds me of our entrance into the PL.
Most clubs have some sort of sponsored naming of their stadia, Emirates, King Power etc........
I remember American Express wasn't always accepted years back, perhaps if our new stadium was called the 'American Express billion dollar stadium', we might of got a smitten of a mention MOTD, by the neutral Leicester fan, that is Gary Lineker.
To be honest, I don't really care, as long we go along doing the business (winning occasionally), I'll be happy :cool:

Bollocks. You just wanted to ogle Mrs Connolly's tits :lolol::cheers:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Back to the topic of the thread, very happy with no mention. Staying under the radar is good for us. We have not been shambolic and embarassing, just a bit negative and dull. Hopefully our butterfly wings might start getting noticed when we have flown about a bit. Right now we have barely dried them in the sun, and not even properly flapped them. Don't expect the neighbours to comment on your new car if it spends all its time in your garage. And if you attend a Velvet Acid Christ gig, don't expect the New Musical Express to include, in its review, an analysis of your ability to sing along to some of the songs.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
OK, so we were pretty poor today but the coverage on MOTD was shocking. Didn't show the disallowed goal and then the pundits just talked about Leicester for 4 minutes before moving on. Not even a word about any input from Brighton or what we need to do to improve/compete. I know Lineker is a Leicester fan but the bias in the coverage should not be allowed.

The 'disallowed goal' was so late after the linesman had flagged and the ref had whistled that Murray was lucky not to have been booked :nono:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I didn't watch it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Palace got mentioned for all of 5 seconds. Maybe we'll have to stay in the Premier League for a few years before we earn that right.:lolol:

That's right and only because they slightly improved on their first game.
Bournemouth did not get a sqeak either because they played as bad as we did.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The BBC pundits are lazy. They are amateur in comparison with the analysis offered by Sky. The reality is they know virtually nothing about the Albion right now and until we are involved in a game in which we actually create some chances and score a goal or two I doubt they'll go out of their way to find much out.

In fact, the level of analysis on MOTD is so basic I'm not convinced you even need to follow or know anything about football in order to hold your own on the sofa.

All that pundit: "isn't player X f******** brilliant analysis makes me puke". It's unnecessary and boring.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
OK, so we were pretty poor today but the coverage on MOTD was shocking. Didn't show the disallowed goal and then the pundits just talked about Leicester for 4 minutes before moving on. Not even a word about any input from Brighton or what we need to do to improve/compete. I know Lineker is a Leicester fan but the bias in the coverage should not be allowed.

We see how 'fake news' is now disseminated.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All that pundit: "isn't player X f******** brilliant analysis makes me puke". It's unnecessary and boring.
Hmmm. The bits they picked out on Maguire were pretty impressive - wonder how nobody seemed to notice him being that good at Hull last season? Well done, Leicester recruitment team, perhaps.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Why waste their time on a team that were shut out?

As someone linked on another thread with the Guardian write up this evening, the Albion offered next to nothing.

NSC's sensitive souls would have hated the MOTD pundits for criticising out play or uninspiring signings, so best left unsaid.

Is it not reasonable to expect some sort of constructive criticism? along the lines of "until they do something about......" or, "they need to address the lack of........" or "Once they have had time to....." or even "It's too late to rescue the season..." (although hopefully not after 2 games)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Perhaps they are bright enough to understand that we are still adjusting to the step up and are giving us a few games before sticking the boot in, unlike some of our own.

Then they could have said "They are still adjusting to the step up....."

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did we warrant any mention other than the non penalty, which to me looked correct no penalty. It wasnt a disallowed goal as I saw it as I thought that the whistle had gone before the ball entered the net. A disallowed goal is scored and then ruled out, which I didnt think happened

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Gosh there are some needy snowflakes on this site now. Fancy getting excited because our name is mentioned on MOTD.

I think it's criticism of MOTD thank being a needy snowflake. If they think a team is sh1t, they should say a team is sh1t....... possibly not in precisely that language.

We were not alone in not being talked about, and not everybody wants to hear them going on interminably about the "big boys" or their favourites.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Did we warrant any mention other than the non penalty, which to me looked correct no penalty. It wasnt a disallowed goal as I saw it as I thought that the whistle had gone before the ball entered the net. A disallowed goal is scored and then ruled out, which I didnt think happened

Sky ‘Goals on Sunday’ did look at it with a bit more thought. The call for pen, ball hit Morgan’s hip then his arm so not a pen. Jimmy Floyd-H obviously more observant than MOTD ‘experts’, his view their second goal should have been disallowed for pushing. Maguire pushed both Dunk & Bruno which not only left him clear but also help him get up higher. Makes MOTD ‘experts’ look lightweight so yes they should have said more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here