The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Upon the announcement José will not be ready to play via the argus:

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Süttner
Knockaert Stephens Pröpper March
Groß
Murray

Subs: Maenpaa, Roseinor, Hünemeier, Sidwell, Towell (Yes, Richie Towell now our number 10 option of Izzy Brown is out) Murphy, Hemed

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Upon the announcement José will not be ready to play via the argus:

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Süttner
Knockaert Stephens Pröpper March
Groß
Murray

Subs: Maenpaa, Rosenior, Hünemeier, Sidwell, Towell (Yes, Richie Towell now our number 10 option of Izzy Brown is out) Murphy, Hemed

Having seen March's defensive display on Saturday I would be happy with that starting lineup.
I'd have Izquiero on the bench though assuming he gets clearance

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Suttner
Stephens Dropper Sidwell March
Groß
Hemed

Subs: Mäenpää, Hünemeier, Murray, Knockaert, Rosenior, Izquierdo, Murphy

vs

Schmeichel
Simpson Morgan Maguire Chilwell
Mahrez James Ndidi Albrighton
Vardy
Iheanacho

subs: Jakupovic, Fuchs, Amartey, Iborra, Slimani, Okazaki, Gray (No Musa, Ulloa, Drinkwater? )

Bold players played in the two games Leicester's promotion season

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Leicester PL winners team: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/14/Archive/England-Leicester?stageId=12496

Typo in previous post: Davy Pröpper

Leicester do not seem to be able to put a that strong side in central midfield that was where Man City gave us so much trouble. Fuchs will probably be left back for them? Albrighton is right footed but played on the left against Arsenal exploiting Arsenal's three at the back with a deep cross for the Vardy goal.

I think we might be better starting with one winger and having an extra man in midfield?

I put Sidwell in the Albion team for his PL experience. I was tempted to include Rosenior in right midfield for the same reason. But we have enough right sided midfielders already.

I think Huth and Drinkwater are not match fit for Leicester.

Following two matches for Leicester are Man U (a) and Chelsea (h).

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Why are people preferring Hemed to Murray? I don't recall Hemed ever playing ahead of Murray last season and he did nothing on Saturday to change my mind.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Why are people preferring Hemed to Murray? I don't recall Hemed ever playing ahead of Murray last season and he did nothing on Saturday to change my mind.

Work rate away from home. And I am not sure that Murray can hack it for whole game? Murray is better at defending though. Hemed is thought to be marginally better in midfield (back to goal and headed passes as well). When the oppopsition tires (or does not tire) near the end I see Murray (on as sub) more likely to pinch a goal.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Work rate away from home. And I am not sure that Murray can hack it for whole game? Murray is better at defending though. Hemed is thought to be marginally better in midfield (back to goal and headed passes as well). When the oppopsition tires (or does not tire) near the end I see Murray (on as sub) more likely to pinch a goal.

Don't agree, Murray can't be fully fit IMO.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I certainly feel that Sidwell should start as should Murray. We need to get a goal ahead somehow. If we let Leicester dominate and take control we are dead meat unless we get that goal start.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Don't see a win for a fair while yet.....Maybe in 5/6 games time :)
Not enough bite in the middle of the park and this will see a defensive formation that won't suit us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My team would be:

[
Ryan
Bruno...Duffy....Duink....Suttner
Knockhaert....Stephens....Propper...March
Gross
Murray
Subs: Maenpaa, Rosenior, Hunemier, Hemed, Sidwell Murphy Izquirdoo.​

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Did you not notice that at no point during the game none of City's 3 centre backs broke rank, either forward or sideways.
All 3 marked Tomer, and then Murray.

Last edited:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Did you not notice that at no point during the game none of City's 3 centre backs broke rank, either forward or sideways.
All 3 marked Tomer, and then Murray.

Yes very much so. City took their time and were patient. One of the reasons they took some while to break through. They made it very difficult for us to effectively break quickly

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I would leave knocky on the bench.Maybe put skalek left side with Murray up front.I think propper has something about him as has gross.
I would not be surprised if we put sidwell alongside Stephens & propper & played Gross,Murray & march in a 4.3.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here