Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New manager for Albion women's team

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Highly impressive appointment.

Put it this way, as employing former England managers go, it's a bit more impressive than Allardyce to Palace.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Ok for those of us who couldn't give a monkeys about womens football, why is everyone impressed with this?

I could tell you, but you don't give a monkey's, so there's no point.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
What happened to George Parish?

Who?

There's a chap called George Parris. He was the interim manager, albeit he was in the role for over a year. He returns to his previous job as Regional Talent Club technical director (odd title).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well I'm impressed - it would take a moron not to know about Hope Powell - don't you think Junior ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Hope achieved a great deal for women's football - but the England dressing room was in dire straits under her leadership - just sayin

Yep, sports bras, Lil-Lets packaging and hair straighteners left all over the floor! KIDDING! You do actually make a very valid point, but we shall see (fingers crossed).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who?

There's a chap called George Parris. He was the interim manager, albeit he was in the role for over a year. He returns to his previous job as Regional Talent Club technical director (odd title).

Predictive text!! I was posting from my phone, as a passenger in the car.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone know another club who has two black managers ?

I can't think of one off hand

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure I understand the point of the Albion's women's team. I cannot see how it earns any money for the club. How many fans go to their matches? Or, more likely, is it just one of the things the club HAS to do for various reasons that are hard to explain.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Not sure I understand the point of the Albion's women's team. I cannot see how it earns any money for the club. How many fans go to their matches? Or, more likely, is it just one of the things the club HAS to do for various reasons that are hard to explain.

You're a very shit wind-up merchant, because you're far too obvious.

The best WUM's try not to look like complete cretins.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You're a very shit wind-up merchant, because you're far too obvious.

The best WUM's try not to look like complete cretins.

Answer his question then . He wants to know what the benefits are of a woman's team ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

It loses a lot less money than the men's team does.

But the reality is, there is no reason for there not to be a women's team. We have men's, junior, various abilities team (incl, amputee, blind, walking, autistic, powerchair), so why not women's? None of them turn a profit.

The club doesn't HAVE to do it, apart from it's the right thing to do.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
England Women's Team have got a lot better since she left.

What has the former England Manager been doing since she was replaced...not in demand clearly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here