Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I was at kings Cross Station last week, and I've never seen so many armed coppers (x5) and sniffer dogs (x2) plus a couple of bobbies. Hi viz policing or tip off?

To be fair that isn't an uncommon sight at main line stations and tourist attractions these day. I come through London Bridge and walk past St Pauls on a daily basis and I regularly see armed police at both.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
100% this.

And its the leftie reaction that makes people like Trump, Farage and more right wing views far more likely to gain support. Accept it for what it is, an Islam extremist attack on our democracy. Anyone making apologies for these views will have no sympathy from me and many others.

It's not about being an apologist mate, it's about waiting until the facts come in.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Unedited version of picture of the alleged attacker, as shown on the BBC... but obviously, we shouldn't jump to any conclusions.

Attachments

• C7iak_uXgAA1Y3Z.jpg
    C7iak_uXgAA1Y3Z.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 364

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Even as a wet leftie snowflake, Giraffe has got a point here. As soon as the story broke we probably all thought what was behind the attack, if that turns out to be true then let us not bury our heads in the sand. If it is a radical Islamic attack (yes, I have said it) then the issues within certain factions of the religion need to be tackled. In fact what will actually happen is people will spend more time and effort on facebook tonight defending Islam than condemning the attackers or giving their thoughts to the victims, now that is PROPER ****** up.

Of course we would all think that this could well be a radical islam attack. We'll find out soon, can't we just wait?

As for your last comment...not something I recognise in my world. Quite bizarre to me that you think that the attacker won't be universally condemned, and that people won't be thinkiing of the victims.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
100% this.

And its the leftie reaction that makes people like Trump, Farage and more right wing views far more likely to gain support. Accept it for what it is, an Islam extremist attack on our democracy. Anyone making apologies for these views will have no sympathy from me and many others.

It's nothing to do with leftie reactions. Most sensible people are waiting to see who or what is behind this before commenting.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Should we not all follow the police example and to not speculate about this incident.

Handily, the Allies did not purely rely on fact when deciding strategy for the Second World War, there will have been an element of speculation involved. Alternatively we could have waited for the whole of the Third Reich to have turned up in Harwich, Folkestone, Eastbourne and Portsmouth before mobilising our forces.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As for your last comment...not something I recognise in my world. Quite bizarre to me that you think that the attacker won't be universally condemned, and that people won't be thinkiing of the victims.

Ok. I will not say anything until more details come out.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Handily, the Allies did not purely rely on fact when deciding strategy for the Second World War, there will have been an element of speculation involved. Alternatively we could have waited for the whole of the Third Reich to have turned up in Harwich, Folkestone, Eastbourne and Portsmouth before mobilising our forces.

Not a very good analogy, the Nazis is had already invaded Poland by the time we declared war, and had conquered France, Belgium,and the Netherlands, by the time the aBattle of Britain had started, how many more facts would you need

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

What a stupid comparison and if my understanding of history is correct Neville Chamberlain said oin 3rd September 1939 that Germany had invaded Poland and as such we were now at war.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Not a very good analogy, the Nazis is had already invaded Poland by the time we declared war, and had conquered France, Belgium,and the Netherlands, by the time the aBattle of Britain had started, how many more facts would you need

It also assumes that the entire police, security services etc have been sat around watching Nice, Belgium etc but not bothered doing anything about it.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What a stupid comparison.

What I am getting at is that speculation is a somewhat natural reaction when there is a known enemy to your culture, that enemy being radical Islam. It would be foolish to ignore the probabilities.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Unedited version of picture of the alleged attacker, as shown on the BBC... but obviously, we shouldn't jump to any conclusions.

But when the BBC showed that image a short while age they were quite specific in that they didn't know what the individual's involvement was. The BBC have also just reported that there could be two attackers one of whom is white.

The bottom line is we down know the facts so speculation about whether its Islamic terrorism or not is exactly that, speculation.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
BBC reporting that there were two assailants. One "black man with a goatee beard" and another "white man" carrying two knives

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What I am getting at is that speculation is a somewhat natural reaction when there is a known enemy to your culture, that enemy being radical Islam. It would be foolish to ignore the probabilities.

That is as maybe but until it is confirmed we should keep our own views as that our own view and not shared with others, especially on a public message board

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
100% this.

Name someone on here who acts an a apologist for those who carry out such attacks. Unless you are suggesting that protecting law abiding Muslims from the torrent of sweeping hatred that gets thrown there way after such attacks is somehow being an 'apologist'.

No one on here is trying to justify the actions of terrorists. You're fighting thin air mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here