Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
On a national electoral scale membership figures are completely meaningless, its just willy waving. Of course, internally for the Labour party the membership figures are massive because cocnsisting as they do of ageing lefties and students who don't know any better they currently ensure the meaningless (electorally) but continual re-selection of Corbyn as puppet leader.

nice bit of fake news there S/U

So the election is decided on the size of party membership now ?

Numerically more than the Tories, but of far less influence :thumbsup:

be good to have plenty out on the doorstep when the time comes though

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
nice bit of fake news there S/U

be good to have plenty out on the doorstep when the time comes though

I don't know many people who can be persuaded to do anything on a door knock from a bunch of strangers? I'm sure the lovely people from the local party are quite charming but to be frank they are only going to get positive feedback from the converted shirley?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I don't know many people who can be persuaded to do anything on a door knock from a bunch of strangers?
I'm sure the lovely people from the local party are quite charming but to be frank they are only going to get positive feedback from the converted shirley?

I used to a lot..................not now though I am to slow

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
looks like the tories are about to lose a shite loads of members in surrey, or are we all going to get a special agreement

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This ageing leftie did leave for this reason although it was more the last straw than the whole reason. However there are many who fit this description who were never keen on the EU to begin with but not because they have any issues at all with freedom of movement but because they saw it as a capitalist cartel.

Many ageing lefties have big issues with freedom of movement precisely because it creates a large pool of cheap labour for that capitalist cartel. Free movement of capital has a similar effect in constraining the power of U.K. politiciams to set industrial policy as companies can easily relocate. I would suggest that those leaving the Labour Party are supporters of this economic arrangement and are quite unlikely to be ageing lefties.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Many ageing lefties have big issues with freedom of movement precisely because it creates a large pool of cheap labour for that capitalist cartel. Free movement of capital has a similar effect in constraining the power of U.K. politiciams to set industrial policy as companies can easily relocate. I would suggest that those leaving the Labour Party are supporters of this economic arrangement and are quite unlikely to be ageing lefties.

If that is the case, why do we also support employment law which restricts the ability of companies to behave in exploitative ways. Many also support increased investment in education and training to enable people in this country to benefit from a larger employment market; in my case my job actually involves sending aspiring entrepreneurs to other countries to develop their knowledge. Just because we don't want to see a return to endless industrial battle overs wages based on fluctuating supply and demand for people to do unskilled or semi-skllled work (most of which won't exist in 20 years time) doesn't mean that we are supporters of a capitalist cartel. Some would see it as being more about giving everyone the right and opportunity develop their full potential and see this as being more possible within a wider more diverse job market. A bit idealistic maybe and much easier to just say that when the Romanians leave everything will be rosy.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Westminster voting intention (via YouGov / 08 - 09 Mar):

CON: 44% (+2)
LAB: 25% (-)
UKIP: 11% (-1)
LDEM: 10% (-1)

Nineteen point lead... nice one Jezza.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Spreadshit Phil's omNICshambles budget causing chaos among the Tory ranks... Tories in disMAY... U-turn ahead...

#bitinghardintofragileTorylead

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nineteen

Yes, really... NINETEEN

Westminster voting intention (via YouGov / 08 - 09 Mar):

CON: 44% (+2)
LAB: 25% (-)
UKIP: 11% (-1)
LDEM: 10% (-1)

Nineteen point lead... nice one Jezza.

I don't think you will get many bites until the Reds get the lead down to single figures ... expect a deluge of JC resurrection, Tories we're coming for you posts.

:facepalm:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I don't think you will get many bites until the Reds get the lead down to single figures ... expect a deluge of JC resurrection, Tories we're coming for you posts.

Even [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] seems to have retreated into his shell, for now... Come the revolution etc...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Even [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] seems to have retreated into his shell, for now... Come the revolution etc...

Grim times for the comrades. History repeats itself, will they ever learn. Lurch to the far left/right = political wilderness (in the UK).

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Grim times for the comrades. History repeats itself, will they ever learn. Lurch to the far left/right = political wilderness (in the UK).

where were you lot when I posted about the surrey fraud, may shifted sideways and left it to the surrey council leader TORY to take the flack
then would not answer the question Oh no yes she did three times she said no it did'nt happen
so who is lying then
THE BBC
TORY COUNCIL LEADER
MAY

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
where were you lot when I posted about the surrey fraud, may shifted sideways and left it to the surrey council leader TORY to take the flack
then would not answer the question Oh no yes she did three times she said no it did'nt happen
so who is lying then
THE BBC
TORY COUNCIL LEADER
MAY

Amazingly, none of this seems to have much traction with the voters... does it?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
so who is lying then
THE BBC
TORY COUNCIL LEADER
MAY

Yet amazingly the electorate don't trust the Labour Party.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here