Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were offered a draw now vs Newcastle would you take it?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Some of my favourites times following the Albion are Newcastle games.

1978-79 Won Home and Away, best away match ever.
3 Cup wins attended, one at St James in the 1980's and 2 at AMEX.
Keegan's last match at Newcastle great scenes
Bryan Wade 4 goals at the Goldstone

Feeling confident of a win, as we have our Mojo back.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
If the choice was either to play the match, or don't play the match and take a draw, then you play the match and go for the win. If I recall correctly, we have a good recent record vs Newcastle at the Amex, and we owe them for the 3 points they picked up against us at their place.

Having said that, would I be upset if we end up getting a draw? Not at all.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Shame we got caught in the headlights a little bit at their place. This is an ideal opportunity to show our real class at a time when the momentum is with us and the pressure is more on them. Won't be despondent about a draw, but I think we'll be stretching every sinew for the win.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No.

Are the people saying Yes to this question the same lily-livered lot that wanted Newcastle to beat Massive because... " Newcastle are going to win the league anyway and I want us and them to pull away from the chasing pack. I'll be happy with 2nd place" ? :bla::bla::bla:

I fully appreciate we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves, but some of us really need to ditch the tin pot and realise that we have no one to fear in this division this season. It's only the media that have tried convincing everyone Newcastle are champions elect. In fact, the commentators and pundits even refer to them as Champions every time they eek out another 3 pts on tv, and yet they haven't won bugger all yet!

Let's take on all comers and prove we're the best team in the division. If we turn out not to be the best then so be it, but CH and the squad haven't bottled anything or settled for second best so far, so why should we.

UTA! :albion:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Answer a question with a question.

Would Newcastle take a draw?

If your answer to that is 'yes' then your answer to the first question has to be 'no'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is useless without a poll

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Thank L Ron nobody has to accept any result and they just happen no matter how much you, as a fan of your team, love or hate the result.

The truth comes out when the result happens whether you are able to admit whether or not you favoured the losing side when asked by a fan who does not know your allegiance.

"Oh, I really wasn't backing Reading. I knew Brighton was the better side."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
By not travelling with them I would say that's confirmed?
Maybe I'm just too skeptical about these things (see above comments about Jedinak). So the team has traveled, we have proof he wasn't with them (rather than just a club statement from them) and we know that he'd never travel separately to the squad?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Maybe I'm just too skeptical about these things (see above comments about Jedinak). So the team has traveled, we have proof he wasn't with them (rather than just a club statement from them) and we know that he'd never travel separately to the squad?

I get your point you old sceptic and it is a fair one too..... But i would say there's a 98% chance he wont play.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
No.

Are the people saying Yes to this question the same lily-livered lot that wanted Newcastle to beat Massive because... " Newcastle are going to win the league anyway and I want us and them to pull away from the chasing pack. I'll be happy with 2nd place" ? :bla::bla::bla:

I fully appreciate we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves, but some of us really need to ditch the tin pot and realise that we have no one to fear in this division this season. It's only the media that have tried convincing everyone Newcastle are champions elect. In fact, the commentators and pundits even refer to them as Champions every time they eek out another 3 pts on tv, and yet they haven't won bugger all yet!

Let's take on all comers and prove we're the best team in the division. If we turn out not to be the best then so be it, but CH and the squad haven't bottled anything or settled for second best so far, so why should we.

UTA! :albion:

This is it. We need to make sure we enjoy the ride and hope we get there. One thing is for sure next season, whichever division we are in, is likely to be a very bumpy ride so enjoy this one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well I'm saying No to the current question, but I expect I was one of the ones hoping Newcastle beat Sheffield. I'd still be very happy with second place. If we lose tomorrow, I might be supporting Newcastle on Saturday.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If Gayle does, perchance, undergo a miraculous recovery and turn up in time for kick-off tomorrow evening it will be a recovery the like of which hasn't been seen since Jesus H Christ rose from the dead all those years ago. It will be, not to put too fine a point on it, a fuc king miracle and this will be the second coming. Hallelujah!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Before the Burton game i predicted we would start March (well hoped and felt that's where we needed to be) on 73 points,clearly a draw would not be enough,right now though yes i would take it,but if we really mean business and take the division by the scruff of the neck,this is a must win game.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here