Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting JFC stat 2014/15 season

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
Jake Foster-Caskey, has created more goalscoring chances without providing an assist [i.e. an assist to an actual goal (I assume)...far and few between, sadly.] than any other Championship player in 2014/15 (31).
(Source oddschecker.com Wolves vs Brighton)

Seems to get a lot of stick on here, but on this state alone surely one of our most promising players this season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Jake Foster-Caskey, has created more goalscoring chances without providing an assist [i.e. an assist to an actual goal (I assume)...far and few between, sadly.] than any other Championship player in 2014/15 (31).

Seems to get a lot of stick on here, but on this state alone surely one of our most promising players this season.

He gets involved in the game more than the other midfielders. Makes more passes and because he gets involved he also makes more mistakes. He is also the only left footer so it is hard to keep him out of the team.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Unfortunately he isnt good enough yet to be a regular choice.

And Gardner is? I would rather we start our own players ahead of any poor loanie if Ince started it would also allow JFC to play in his right position and we might see a promising player start to improve instead of his regression in the current formation.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
JFC is a great player. My only fear is by being forced to play every week (even though he admitted being tired) we may be damaging him. It's a sign of a weak manager and weak squad when a young player like JFC is having to play every single game without a rest. Mentally and physically he needs that.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Big big of JFC but the position he is being asked to play is doing him no favours. He keeps looking for and getting on the ball though, just wish it was further up field and he is given help in the form of s defensive midfielder (I dunno Holla, Toko, Ince?!?!).

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Dreadful statistic....there are probably 10 players in every team who have provided an assist (even subs, now injured etc) so that makes 220 players that are EXCLUDED from the list.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
He is a good attacking midfielder. The issue is he is playing out of position and/or we don't have anyone good enough to play in the defensive midfield role.

quite right. england have recognised this, (they play him in a more forward role). shame we haven't

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because we do not have a DM that is good enough on his own we have to play 2 there to try to overcome this hence JFC and Gardner cannot play their natural attacking game. Hopefully Diarra will come through the game on Monday toprove he can be the DM we are missing and we can allow others to play their natural game. We can then allow Ince to learn his game by watching others.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013

Another interesting fact is that he has played 3500 minutes in the championship and scored 4 goals. Worst scoring average for an attacking midfielder in the championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here