Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The end of the green away kit?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Fans didn’t like it, I assume the players didn’t like it?

We seem to have quietly reverted to the yellow again [emoji106]
Like everything, I was willing to give the green a chance. But it really is ****ing horrible. Welcome back yellow (which isn't great but is MUCH better).

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I Hope so, we mentioned this last night at the game, I do wonder if it has anything to do with players picking eachover out against the green of most pitches.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Whoever thought plain green was a good idea for a team kit, needs to run up and down the sidelines trying to pick out a crossfield pass to someone running on green grass!

At least the green and black stripes of 2010/11 stood out. Players need to have peripheral vision to be able to see their teammates.
It was also bad for those with colour blindness (not me, but have seen posts from those who are)

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Well if we beat Bournemouth and Shrewsbury beat Stoke we might need to bring it out one last time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Whoever thought plain green was a good idea for a team kit, needs to run up and down the sidelines trying to pick out a crossfield pass to someone running on green grass!

At least the green and black stripes of 2010/11 stood out. Players need to have peripheral vision to be able to see their teammates.
It was also bad for those with colour blindness (not me, but have seen posts from those who are)
That green and black kit was MINT.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
This is not very relevant but I don’t care. I played a bit of fifa over Xmas with my kids and we used the green kit once and never again. You can’t see each other. I lived in Devon as a kid and watched a bit of argyle (great game in mid 90s when codner scored from close to halfway in 3-0 win) and I always hated the green as hard to see. I don’t think I am colour blind.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could it be the reason that we change away kit is dependent on how much stock the shop has and which one they want to shift. it is a proven fact that Plain Red is the easiest kit to see as we will see against Liverpool if they wear their first kit which their no reason not to.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Where as last season the yellow kit was worn almost every away game the green can’t be worn against teams in red it seems.

Have worn home kit on a few occasions and now the yellow against Burnley and West Ham.

Assume they think the green isn’t that far from red

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Fans didn’t like it, I assume the players didn’t like it?

We seem to have quietly reverted to the yellow again :thumbsup:

I really don't think that the players have much choice over which away kit we are going to use. Much more down to any potential agreement we may have with the supplier etc.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Could it be the reason that we change away kit is dependent on how much stock the shop has and which one they want to shift. it is a proven fact that Plain Red is the easiest kit to see as we will see against Liverpool if they wear their first kit which their no reason not to.

:drink:

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Did we not win our first away game of the season wearing Green? ��

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The green kit whether you like it or not will be used as long as it does not clash with the home team colours ..... I believe this now means we will revert to yellow whenever the home kit includes white shorts as like against West Ham .... much like the 4th official wont allow subs on if their socks show the same colour as the other team (hints of white for instance when other team wears white socks) ... the officials & FA obviously being over sensitive to mistakes and want to clearly see one teams players differently from the others

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here