Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Told my Liverpool fan friend we will beat them on the 12th.
Has he stopped laughing yet?

We are capable of a result against most of the big teams, but Liverpool's style makes them the worst for us to play against. I can't see us getting anything.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Good performance today.

For all those fixtures where we bemoan our bad luck... today lady luck was on our side.

On another day, the goal would have been disallowed, Everton's two attempts that hit the woodwork would have gone in, and Bernard would have finished his run with a top corner goal, and we would have lost 3-0.

... but it didn't.

Today was another demonstration of how brilliant the Dunk & Duffy partnership are. On days like today they're almost inpenetrable. We've missed them throughout the last few fixtures.

Luck maybe, but we're also a hugely resilient side who just do not allow teams to settle when they're "at" our goal. You have to earn goals at the Amex or be of the Eden Hazard class to open us up. And Montoya and Bernardo (especially) have improved the back four with pace and power.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

We are capable of a result against most of the big teams, but Liverpool's style makes them the worst for us to play against. I can't see us getting anything.

Can't argue with that. I think it's pretty much the same for us against Man.City and Chelsea too. Any other top 6 sides, especially at home, we've got a chance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good performance today.

For all those fixtures where we bemoan our bad luck... today lady luck was on our side.

On another day, the goal would have been disallowed
Our luck has been so bad that now we've scored a goal that hasn't been incorrectly ruled out, our fans are calling us lucky!

Today was another demonstration of how brilliant the Dunk & Duffy partnership are. On days like today they're almost inpenetrable. We've missed them throughout the last few fixtures.
Agreed. We wouldn't have let one in against Arsenal had Dunk been there. Another example of being unlucky, since he missed the game due to mistaken identity.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Not if he was at the Anfield match earlier this year. They were holding on at the end.

We can do it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Good performance today.

On another day, the goal would have been disallowed, Everton's two attempts that hit the woodwork would have gone in, and Bernard would have finished his run with a top corner goal, and we would have lost 3-0.

... but it didn't.

I'm not so sure we were lucky with the goal, I'm pretty sure the ref knew it wasn't offside as the ball clearly came off their defender but he had to talk to the linesman to explain why it was a goal. The linesman had also lowered his flag almost straight away as I think he realised.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Good performance today.

... but it didn't.

No reason for it to disallowed, not lucky at all , good decision by the ref and the correct decision

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Photo of the day...

bernard.jpg

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Noticed that once Andone went off the Everton backline moved up to the halfway line as Murray bless him doesn't have the pace to worry them. It proves teams worry when faced by a mobile attack

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not so sure we were lucky with the goal, I'm pretty sure the ref knew it wasn't offside as the ball clearly came off their defender but he had to talk to the linesman to explain why it was a goal. The linesman had also lowered his flag almost straight away as I think he realised.

Yeah, the ref was already starting to make his way over to the lino before our players had a chance to turn and remonstrate with him. It wasn't even close, there were only Everton players near the ball.

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
classic Twitter exchange..

Just not good enough, Should be going to places like Brighton and getting something....
You did get something �� ... beaten

:D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, the ref was already starting to make his way over to the lino before our players had a chance to turn and remonstrate with him. It wasn't even close, there were only Everton players near the ball.

Dunk said, in his post match interview, when he approached the ref he told him not to worry as he was going to give it. Guess it was just the ref being courteous to the Lino.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here