Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker - 2018-19 Game 36 update - 5 below

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Let's hope to goodness that we don't, because it is wholly unreasonable expectation.

Don't think we really need to hope, just carry on, game by game, picking up points where we can.

In a cricket analogy we're at that point where we a little way off declaring, but with wickets in hand and a decent partnership going with an already tough score to chase, we are very much in control of our fate.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Don't think we really need to hope, just carry on, game by game, picking up points where we can.

In a cricket analogy we're at that point where we a little way off declaring, but with wickets in hand and a decent partnership going with an already tough score to chase, we are very much in control of our fate.

Declarations are very much out of fashion in modern cricket.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
January transfer window will be key, will we see any of the SEVEN, yes SEVEN clubs below us spend to secure Premier League or will there be an acceptance of their fate?

The less optimistic of you are concerned at how many wins we still need from the remaining 22 games, whereas a Fulham or Southampton fan would be thinking we've got to win FOUR just to catch Brighton. We are in a superb position we need about .6 of a point per game, or rather one win every FIVE games to get to 32, which will be safe IMHO.

I really do think the club and team need more recognition for the superb job done so far which seven clubs would snatch our hands off for, keep the faith and UTA,
Well said sir.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

All very good, unless you follow Sussex CCC.

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're stoically protecting our stumps picking off the occasion bad ball, grinding the opposition into submission?

Occasionally leaving or just straight batting balls that really were there to be hit...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have started to play with less fear and have been entertaining to watch in the last few games, this is a massive plus to me. Keep it going and I’ll leave my nappies in the drawer. Not convinced we even need more players in January as long as we don’t lose any of our stars.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Points predictor in the Sun (absent any [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] update ..... AGAIN). I guess most of us would take this - 13th on 42points, 12 ahead of the drop which they have as low as 31 to avoid.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1545065231

Well here you go then. I found Sunday all a bit meh. Had we drawn or won I'd have been straight on here with this. We didn't! It's time we went after those teams 3rd downwards at home. It's only Liverpool and Man City we should be playing negatively against. Everyone else is there for the taking at home in my view. Come on Chris.

That said position unchanged.

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 17.png
    Fixtures Game 17.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 401
  • Graph Game 17.png
    Graph Game 17.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 393

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well here you go then. I found Sunday all a bit meh. Had we drawn or won I'd have been straight on here with this. We didn't! It's time we went after those teams 3rd downwards at home. It's only Liverpool and Man City we should be playing negatively against. Everyone else is there for the taking at home in my view. Come on Chris.

That said position unchanged.

Agree......hoping we get more than 6 points in the next 11 games.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We still have 7 of the bottom 10 to play at the Amex yet, hopefully we’ll be safe the beginning of April.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
ps) Palace now all square. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

But Andone :) :) :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
And for anyone unwisely following the Europe tracker...

Attachments

• Europe Game 17.png
    Europe Game 17.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 397

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here