[Albion] Locadia ...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
john-cleese-no.gif

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Its written in the stars, Locadia to score this Saturday against them, Wolves wanted to sign him before we did, he turned them down.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Having watched the Spurs game yesterday, I can't help wondering if we should have gone for de Jong instead.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
It will be his 3rd start.

well for some (not me), he's already seen as not good enough, view that appears to be becoming more popular. And given that if he doesn't shine then Glenn will most likely come straight back in, and this could well be his last start for a while. By January most people will have formulated their opinions on whether he's good or not, and if a lackluster performance this weekend is the lasting reminder of him, then it's hard to see people having much faith in him. If he shines this weekend, this will at least quieten most of the doubters for a while, if he doesn't the voices of discontent will grow even louder.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
well for some (not me), he's already seen as not good enough, view that appears to be becoming more popular. And given that if he doesn't shine then Glenn will most likely come straight back in, and this could well be his last start for a while. By January most people will have formulated their opinions on whether he's good or not, and if a lackluster performance this weekend is the lasting reminder of him, then it's hard to see people having much faith in him. If he shines this weekend, this will at least quieten most of the doubters for a while, if he doesn't the voices of discontent will grow even louder.

If Murray does not feature this weekend then Locadia will start. Andone may make an appearance from the bench but he is now in the position Locadia has been recently. Even if Locadia has a stinker I think he will be Murrays replacement in the near future....up to the new year IMHO. He needs to score a goal and people will start to back him. I saw him against Coventry last season and yes it was against a lower league team (sorry Coventry fans) but I saw a lot of promise in his game. He has not had a lot of minutes since then to get up to Premier league pace but I believe he will if given a run. Let us not forget Glen Murray was not deemed a Premier league player by many on here ( me included, he looked terrible v Bristol City 2 seasons ago.....slow and a spent force even then)
I can see supporters concerns, he has been here for a while, cost 14 million and seems lazy and carefree, however the guy needs a run of games to judge if he can make it in the Premier League, not a bit part player who has scored 2? goals in xx amount of minutes of play. (someone correct me please)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't necessarily think it's a lack of ability - it's the formation we play that doesn't suit him. To see the best from him I think CH would need to play him as part of a 4-4-2. He looks totally ill at ease on his own as a target man (one up front). Will CH change tactics to accommodate him?

Totally agree with this.

I'm worried that Locadia is going to be CMS mkII. I'm sure there's a good player in there if you play to his strengths, but it looks like his strengths are more of a fox in the box goal poacher. For the past 2 seasons our formation has been completely reliant on someone to play the Murray lone striker role that Murray is brilliant at and Hemed was pretty good at. If we play someone who isn't used to or isn't suited to that role then it simply doesn't work.

With Locadia on the pitch I think we need to change the formation because it's not a like for like replacement with Glen, the number 10 needs to be closer to him so that he's not isolated like he has been. Personally, this weekend I'd start with Locadia AND Andone and drop Solly from the 10 slot.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I get the impression he is no mug in front of goal and that he can string a good pass or two to create for others in the final third. These are not cheap skills at Premier League level. However he will not be battling on the halfway line and chasing after defenders. That is not his game. I hope we can create something for him and then he will do OK I feel.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Team Locadia, sign up here, and avoid the embarrassment of having to eat humble pie tomorrow having said he’s not good enough :smile:

Tomorrow could be the turning point, he’s had some tough substitute appearances and one full game where he was on a hiding to nothing. Home game against an average side will see the best of him.

Now watch CH pick Andone to start :lolol:

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
I agree with a lot of stuff people have already commented on. He needs to play 90mins against a Fulham or Huddersfield for us to get a decent opinion on him, Wolves at home is the perfect opportunity for him, if he doesn't put in a decent performance then i fear for him (and for us).

The way we play against most teams simply isn't a setup he fits into, so its harsh to judge him in those games (Man City eg). Theres also the fact that CH eases people in which can distort things. His price tag certainly doesn't help the way fans percive him.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Team Locadia, sign up here, and avoid the embarrassment of having to eat humble pie tomorrow having said he’s not good enough :smile:

Tomorrow could be the turning point, he’s had some tough substitute appearances and one full game where he was on a hiding to nothing. Home game against an average side will see the best of him.

Now watch CH pick Andone to start :lolol:

??? :D

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I agree with a lot of stuff people have already commented on. He needs to play 90mins against a Fulham or Huddersfield for us to get a decent opinion on him, Wolves at home is the perfect opportunity for him, if he doesn't put in a decent performance then i fear for him (and for us).

The way we play against most teams simply isn't a setup he fits into, so its harsh to judge him in those games (Man City eg). Theres also the fact that CH eases people in which can distort things. His price tag certainly doesn't help the way fans percive him.

Which, if correct, begs the question....why the **** did we buy him in the first place?

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea

Doubt we'll see much of him on Friday training... More likely Saturday during the game no?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Betting industry experts give us an approx. 30% chance of winning on Saturday. If the other 70% possibility comes in and we don't win then I know who I'll be BLAMING....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here