Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Today's news

Cleaned the bike belatedly after last week's messy ride. Chain took some degreasing. Eventually got an 8mm thorn out of the usual tyre. Was on a low mileage tube too, so will repair it.

I love the notion of a low mileage tube. I've never even thought of them having too many miles on the clock. I don't even track them on the super useful gear component section of Strava. I wonder if I'll start now. (Probably, I'll add it to my list of things to do)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I love the notion of a low mileage tube. I've never even thought of them having too many miles on the clock. I don't even track them on the super useful gear component section of Strava. I wonder if I'll start now. (Probably, I'll add it to my list of things to do)

I know it is low mileage because it was only a few weeks ago that it went on. The former went straight into the bin at work when I had a closer look at it after a commute puncture..

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
In case anyone had forgotten, there are 25km of the World Championships road race to go. A beast of a course, and it's building up for a fantastic finish.

Hey [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] how was Cob Lane today, did you dance up it as if it were a speed bump, as usual?

Ah, the Lane of Cobb! Always makes me chuckle as I remember the time I followed [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] up it. Always pushing up it Stat...you know me!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah, the Lane of Cobb! Always makes me chuckle as I remember the time I followed [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] up it. Always pushing up it Stat...you know me!!

I do hope the climb before hand is still nice and hasn't been rutted and holed.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Sold my Giant on Friday, and it was great to get a message from the buyer last night saying he had been out for a nice long ride on it on Saturday - & loved it.
Its his first road bike after years on an old MTB (and hes doing a Wiggle Sportive near East Grinstead soon) so really pleased to hear there is another convert to road riding out there :eek:)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Question for you guys....

I've got the Strava app on my phone now. But I can't create a route on the phone. So I've logged in on the laptop and made one. How do I now get it on to my phone so I can use it like a satnav? I thought they would automatically link but it hasn't. Is there another step I need to do?

I don't know my way round all the trails round here properly yet so having one earphone in and directions would be handy in the darkness in the morning.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Question for you guys....

I've got the Strava app on my phone now. But I can't create a route on the phone. So I've logged in on the laptop and made one. How do I now get it on to my phone so I can use it like a satnav? I thought they would automatically link but it hasn't. Is there another step I need to

I don't know my way round all the trails round here properly yet so having one earphone in and directions would be handy in the darkness in the morning.

Select your profile. On that page it should show your routes. Click on it then use route.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here