Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nick Powell

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would be very happy if this happened - gives us some more pace in attacking areas.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Depends how long is on his contract. I couldn't find out with a quick search...

"Wigan forward Nick Powell looks set to snub a move to Aston Villa.

Steve Bruce enquired about the 23-year-old’s availability last month but was knocked back by the League One outfit.

According to The Sun, Powell has told friends that he is open to extended his contract.

It’s claimed the former Manchester United man will put pen to paper if Wigan’s takeover by an Asian consortium goes through. "

From >>> https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ll-Alan-Hutton-Lewis-Grabban-EFL-Championship

Edit: suggestion he's mid-way through a three-year contract.
Contract until June 2019.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Andy's probably just sipping on a coffee right now thinking about how to compose his next tweet.

An exciting day for AN as he spends it destroying the hopes of Albion and Crawley fans of transfers in.

The highlight being, typed with great relish 10pm, "the Albion have confirmed there will be no further movements in the senior squad, but the club are looking to loan two unknown development players to Oxford United to give them vital match experience. Hughton is very happy with the group."

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Personally I think he'd be an excellent signing. Very classy, intelligent and grafting.

I'd be amazed if Wigan let him go though since we could be in the same division next season. That being said £3m for a 23 year old whose had a serious knee op and tendon issues could say otherwise.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd have him. Gets at least half a season of PL action, and if we do go down then he'll be in the Championship anyway, which is likely where Wigan will be next season.

Plus adds to the midfielders/#10 role perfectly.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Flavour of the week since his cup exploits. Decent enough and worth a squirt at £3m. I reckon it's bollocks though.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm with [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION]

But isn't it amazing that we can now say "worth a squirt at £3m." Not long ago, that would have be dreamland money.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I still have the vision of him rushing through at 2-1 in the dying moments too before someone finally took the ball off him when it looked for all the world like he'd equalise.

If He had equalised I think we'd have gone on to win the title..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Grim Reaper will gladly quell this glimmer of a further signing.

191073-131-0D844C57.jpg

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 484

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes please... exactly the sort of CM we need... please beloved Recruitment set up, get this one over the line... and thank you...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Mentioned earlier in this thread about him being a player who can find space, and I go along with the admiration of those who can do that. It seems to me the ability to just stop for a second, when everyone else is anxiously rushing around. Why endlessly sprint toward space when space will find you once everyone in panic clears?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Andy Naylor‏ [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus
Following Following [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus
More
Deadline day update: Reports linking Albion with Wigan's Nick Powell.
One of a couple of young players of interest. Understand unlikely to happen in this window. #bhafc

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
More
One of a couple of young players of interest. Understand unlikely to happen in this window. #bhafc

I’m taking “unlikely” as being a very positive sign. It isn’t a certain no!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
More

And there we are, next tweet Albion have concluded their business this window.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here