Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro v Hull

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Instinctively I would say a draw, to keep both teams in reach

However as long as we match Boro's results, we can overtake them on the final day with a win at their place.
We can't do the same with Hull and need them to drop as many points as possible.
So I vote Boro win

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Instinctively I would say a draw, to keep both teams in reach

However as long as we match Boro's results, we can overtake them on the final day with a win at their place.
We can't do the same with Hull and need them to drop as many points as possible.
So I vote Boro win

Agree with this although going to Boro on the last day needing a win (possibly to overtake Hull) doesn't sound like an attractive proposition.

Hull have 5 very winnable home games left but I think they have to lose (or maybe draw) one of those to open the door for us. They have the cup distraction out of the way now which will make it tougher

That also assumes we don't slip on a banana skin somewhere

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Looking at the table as it is now, and Burnley having 7 wins and 3 draws in 10, unless they monumentally f*ck up then I think there is only one berth left. Having said that we are certainly the team than can put a halt to their run. I think the destiny of Boro, Hull and us is in our own hands. This is so close to call, it could go down to the last day. A draw between them would be great, but whether it is the all important game is unsure. I'd put Hull over Boro right now because of Karanka. But there are so many twists and turns left in this fight for auto promotion.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
But there are so many twists and turns left in this fight for auto promotion.
Correct. All the predictions of 4 teams finishing on 100pts+ are nonsense. Burnley have gone on a run over the past few weeks, but mainly points are being dropped by the top 6 and often in surprising places.

It is the football fan's condition to ignore the truth that the chance of actually winning even two "should win" games is often only 25% or less ...

Us to beat Reading (or fail to beat Reading) is 50/50.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It is the football fan's condition to ignore the truth that the chance of actually winning even two "should win" games is often only 25% or less ...
I don't think it's simply the case that we were being unrealistic. The truth is that 'boro are having internal problems which are affecting their performances. If you just go back two games, they were on 67 points after 34 games, which averages out to 91 points over a whole season, so it wasn't unreasonable to expect them to get 90 ish. Hull were on the same points average just 3 games ago.

Were there really any of those?
No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here