Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andrew Surman bid?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yep and that was as rare as rocking horse shit

He isn't the answer..that said.he's actually had a bit of a decent season here. If you want a player who's natural game is to play it backwards or sideways fill your boots.

Cover for Stephens then [emoji106][emoji106]

Does every third pass go straight to the opposition then? :lolol: :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can't see how they would let a player that has featured in more than half their matches this season leave.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
He'd be a class replacement for Sidwell, seen a few scoffing at the suggestion but think he could do the business here. Reported £4m not a bad price in this market

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He's no better than Norwood. Could we have recalled him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't really commenting upon Surman's abilities, merely the fact that ANY uninjured player is a better option than the injured Sidwell.

But to answer your question: we would be able to recall Norwood if such a clause was included in the loan agreement with Fulham. I have no idea if that is the case.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
He's no better than Norwood. Could we have recalled him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colleague at work is a season ticket holder at Fulham . Norwood is apparently very frustrating, has a habit of disappearing during games. When he’s good he’s very good but ......

rgb

Jan 14, 2014

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I wasn't really commenting upon Surman's abilities, merely the fact that ANY uninjured player is a better option than the injured Sidwell.

But to answer your question: we would be able to recall Norwood if such a clause was included in the loan agreement with Fulham. I have no idea if that is the case.

If there were a recall clause for Norwood, wouldn't we have used it by now ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Only the club can answer that.

Fact is, Sidwell hasn't been involved all season (well, a couple of bench appearances in the first 3 games when Kayal was crocked). Unless I'm very much mistaken, I believe there was a sentence in the Argus the other day to the effect of the club not seeking a replacement in the squad for Sidwell. If that is true, maybe Hughton is happy going with the 3 central midfielders he has. Who knows? :shrug:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Kayal is much better. I'd rather play Bruno in midfield and Schelotto at right back than waste £4m on Surman.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Good point.

But maybe we're looking for a real improvement midfielder, one who can run a match? In which case, Surman might be no more than a rumour, and Norwood someone who can be recalled if the bigger fish can't e landed?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Looking forward to Bmuff announcement that Surman has signed his new and improved contract offer with them (just like Grabban).

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Yep and that was as rare as rocking horse shit

He isn't the answer..that said.he's actually had a bit of a decent season here. If you want a player who's natural game is to play it backwards or sideways fill your boots.
We've got one of those already

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here