Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Aussie Cheats!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There are many ways of bending and interpreting laws. You can see this in football all the time.

But this is just blatant cheating, its not even open to debate

And it's the 1st time someone has admitted to cheating, AND conspiring and planning to cheat.

I bet there will be lots of footage coming out from recent months showing other examples. Puts the Ashes result in context..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Smith and Warner stepped down from their roles for the remainder of this test. One would assume normal service will be resumed for the next match and so forth.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
One match ban and fined 100% of his match fee for Smith by The ICC.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
and The ICC fine Bancroft 75% of his fee and give him 3 demerit points.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I wonder if Cricket Australia might be a bit harsher toward them.

[tweet]977886795743539201[/tweet]

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I love the comment from the Aussie PM, where he states that those wearing the baggy green are held in higher regard than politicians, great bit of Aussie honesty!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
While I'm sure there is more to come for Smith, Bancroft and probably Warner and even Lehmann from Cricket Australia, that is a pathetic sanction from the ICC.

One match for Smith for admitting to pre-meditated cheating involving others in a Test match, so basically conspiracy to cheat from the leader? Are they not responsible for the global reputation of the sport? It's taken a battering. Smith and Bancroft should have been hammered by the sport's overall governing body.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
While the punishment seems lenient, it is the maximum available to the ICC for the offence under the current laws of the game

From the Telegraph:

What are the punishments?

The official punishment is light: at the time, umpires can impose a token five-run penalty against the bowling side and the replacement of the ball.

The offence is deemed to be Level Two, two below the most serious level. Possible sanctions include a deduction of a player's match fee anywhere between 50 and 100 per cent, and three or four demerit points added to his record. Four demerit points triggers a one-Test ban.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Warner booed from crease to dressing room after a great catch by de Villiers off Rabada... and it only gets louder as Smith emerges.

#shame

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here