[Football] Mourinho - SACKED

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
One week before Christmas. Classy.

Yeah, he'll probably have to flog the third roller just to be able to have an Iceland turkey, four cans of Coors Light and twenty Lambert and Desperate. My heart is literally* bleeding for him.

*ok, probably not

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Michael Carrick caretaker for the rest of the season

good idea but apparently not even considered, external candidate as caretaker. bit shitty and pointless training people if they cant even step in for short cover.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They have COMPLETELY lost their identity.

Sure, as a kid I HATED them and Fergie but my god did I think they were a brilliant club/team.

Man Utd is not about getting the next super manager in. It's about getting in someone who will get the time and backing to rebuild the team. Sure, it may be too early for someone like Howe but I genuinely feel that's the kind of manager they need to refresh the whole place.

Good post. I wonder if they regret getting rid of Moyes: he was given no support, no money to spend but did no worse than later managers who were given a LOT of money to spend.

I do Man U as a bit of a poisoned chalice for a manager. The defence needs a complete overhaul but Woodward has said that there's no money for defenders, something that Mourinho has been griping about for months. The midfield is clearly misfiring too, with £300k a week Sanchez doing cock-all and Pogba semi-detached. There's a big repair job needed.

And yes, a decent manager could build something, but United managers aren't really being given time, it's not an easy fix.

The first thing a manager should be doing should be to splash out for a world class defender - look at the difference VDD has made to Liverpool - but when the cash has to go to pay the Glazers and bank interest, there's little chance of such a purchase being made

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Been coming ever since he failed to land Maguire in the summer.

He is what Utd needed as defensively they are a shambles but can understand why he hasn’t been given more money to spunk bearing in mind some of the dross he has signed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gotta love the man's style.

Stiffing them with another year of Chris Smalling while walking out the door. :bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love this Jose driven narrative of 'no money for defenders'.

Coming from the man who spent £80m on:-

Bailly
Lindelof
&
Dalot.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Good post. I wonder if they regret getting rid of Moyes: he was given no support, no money to spend but did no worse than later managers who were given a LOT of money to spend.

I do Man U as a bit of a poisoned chalice for a manager. The defence needs a complete overhaul but Woodward has said that there's no money for defenders, something that Mourinho has been griping about for months. The midfield is clearly misfiring too, with £300k a week Sanchez doing cock-all and Pogba semi-detached. There's a big repair job needed.

And yes, a decent manager could build something, but United managers aren't really being given time, it's not an easy fix.

The first thing a manager should be doing should be to splash out for a world class defender - look at the difference VDD has made to Liverpool - but when the cash has to go to pay the Glazers and bank interest, there's little chance of such a purchase being made

Whilst I agree with the sentiment that someone needs to be given time to build, you can't say that there hasn't been money available for Mourinho to spend. If it's the case that the signings were all ones that Mourinho wanted, then he only has himself to blame – he has spent nearly £400m!
Bailly and Lindelof were about £30m each? Neither are any good (certainly don't look it under Mourinho), but spend that £60m on one decent centre back (of Van Dyke's ilk) and you've suddenly got someone that will make a difference.
How much was Fred? £50m? Can't get a game.
Pogba - £100m? Is his attitude the only problem, or is it the way he is being managed?
It's no wonder they didn't want to give Mourinho more money to spend as he'd just piss it up the wall and/or fall out with / mis-manage any decent players he did manage to buy.

A very successful manager in his time, but I've never liked him (sticking it to Fergie when at Porto aside), and he's a busted flush these days. It's a shame he's gone though - I was enjoying the shadenfreude :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whilst I agree with the sentiment that someone needs to be given time to build, you can't say that there hasn't been money available for Mourinho to spend. If it's the case that the signings were all ones that Mourinho wanted, then he only has himself to blame – he has spent nearly £400m!
Bailly and Lindelof were about £30m each? Neither are any good (certainly don't look it under Mourinho), but spend that £60m on one decent centre back (of Van Dyke's ilk) and you've suddenly got someone that will make a difference.
How much was Fred? £50m? Can't get a game.
Pogba - £100m? Is his attitude the only problem, or is it the way he is being managed?
It's no wonder they didn't want to give Mourinho more money to spend as he'd just piss it up the wall and/or fall out with / mis-manage any decent players he did manage to buy.

A very successful manager in his time, but I've never liked him (sticking it to Fergie when at Porto aside), and he's a busted flush these days. It's a shame he's gone though - I was enjoying the shadenfreude :D

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jose-mourinho/spielertransfers/trainer/781/plus/0?station_id=134947

Purchased players: 10
Players with fee: 10
Transfer expenditure: £419,490,000
Fee per player: £41,949,000
Chosen : 26.05.2016 - 17.12.2018

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He already had Smalling, Jones and Rojo. You'd think he would have the strongest defense in the league. :moo:

All that money and I wouldn't swap a single defender for one of the Albion's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here