NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh so this isn't a BG thread? :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Won't be one for us. Vast wages, injury-prone, reputation for absolute clangers as well as some decent goals.

The new Christian Benteke, one might say. Palace are that desperate for strikers, they'll probably offer him the necessary £130k/wk.
All of this. No thanks.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was heavily linked with a move to palace in Jan recently then broke his ankle....

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I don't think he was ever injured at Man United, seemed to of got the Arsenal injury curse when he went there. Still I think he is on £115k at Arsenal and I cant see him willing to take a big cut in wages now as he has probably got one last good move in him.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
'Welbs' would be an incredible signing, one that shows we really mean business and if we could get a player of his calibre in I think it makes it easier to get other players of similar quality, not to mention the shirt sales revenue.

I see him as a younger, slightly higher quality, Marcus Bent. All power and pace and unplayable on his day.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Out of contract he’ll hold all the aces, demanding pay of say £150,000 per week. The Albion will have no interest in that sort of arrangement, he’ll head off to West Ham, Bmuff, Wolves, Fulham or CP [as long as they’re playing PL next season].

I’m not bothered.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think he would be a big risk but assuming he is actually free (no agent/personal sign on fees etc) then 100k a week over 3 years is £15 million which is about what we paid for Locadia without wages.

The risk is probably less his health & game time (again look at how many games Locadia hasn't played in 10 months) but whether he would upset the current 'togetherness'. Someone on the inside would need to suss him out and why he would want to come here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think he would be a big risk but assuming he is actually free (no agent/personal sign on fees etc) then 100k a week over 3 years is £15 million which is about what we paid for Locadia without wages.

The risk is probably less his health & game time (again look at how many games Locadia hasn't played in 10 months) but whether he would upset the current 'togetherness'. Someone on the inside would need to suss him out and why he would want to come here.

The problem is we have about 5 players who all have 'top earner' in their contract, so it won't just be starman on top wack. It will be massive pay rises all round.

Anyway, as others have said, he's made of cornflakes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here