Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think so. We'll see a return to the form of early last season where, with the HF at their rampant best, Palace:

Lost 3-0 to newly promoted Huddersfield
Lost 2-0 to subsequently relegated Swansea
Lost 1-0 to struggling Southampton

And before they bat that away with the "but, but, but we had a shit manager then", this is how Palace have performed at Fortress Selhurst over past seasons:

2017/18 League position: 13th / Home form: 13th
2016/17 League position: 14th / Home form: 18th
2015/16 League position: 15th / Home form: 18th
2014/15 League position: 10th / Home form: 16th
2013/14 League position: 11th / Home form: 11th

In short, at no time since they were promoted to the Premier League has their home form been better than their league position, and on two seasons they would have been relegated based on their home form.

So for all of the self-proclaimed "best atmosphere in the Premier League" boasts, it doesn't actually seem to translate to anything on the pitch.

But that’s in the past . We move onwards and upwards.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Decent of them to give credit to all the Albion fans who put made up names on their petition though.

Screenshot 2018-12-01 at 11.19.08.png

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think so. We'll see a return to the form of early last season where, with the HF at their rampant best, Palace:

And before they bat that away with the "but, but, but we had a shit manager then", this is how Palace have performed at Fortress Selhurst over past seasons:

In short, at no time since they were promoted to the Premier League has their home form been better than their league position, and on two seasons they would have been relegated based on their home form.

So for all of the self-proclaimed "best atmosphere in the Premier League" boasts, it doesn't actually seem to translate to anything on the pitch.

Ooooh I do like a list of indisputable facts

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Great post, and COMPLETELY dismantles this delusional myth that they have about their "incredible support" being like some kind of 12th man at Selhurst. You only have to see the bobbins their hooded ratboys are coming out with in that self-serving claptrap statement the HF have just come out with.

"The situation our team finds itself in requires urgent action" - laughable. They actually believe that they make a difference. Your numbers prove otherwise.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The HF are back today, and for the rest of the season.
Interesting.

Suppose to meet the criteria for block E next season Parish has given them all season tickets for the rest of the year. He’s tried to look like he’s done it in a manner that would allow anyone to get a seat there. But in relating he’s still giving away the seats of the loyal supporters who have bothered to turn up this year and most likely many years before.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
At the end of the day, they will have a singing section in the middle behind the goal and everyone will be creaming themselves over the atmosphere. Tbf it will probably help their team.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The atmosphere wasn’t great , I’ll give you that , But that’ was due to not winning a game . This farce will soon be forgotten ( not on here obs )

Where were you at the spurs game? I made myself known and said I was Brighton when asked but all I got was respect...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here