Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Thanks for everything Chris but...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not for me. The Benn / Eubank fight could not be bettered by two old men acting out their roles.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Get a good punch in in round 2 or 3, then spend the 10 rounds leaning on the ropes with his hands over his face ?

Is that Eubanks' tactics or CH's for next game?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Hopefully it won't happen but then again look at MMA last weekend where Tito Ortiz fought Chuck Liddell in a trilogy fight. Two old legends with nothing too prove. All rather sad.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
It's in line with current boxing trends. Boxing needs saving anyway as the format is way outdated and we are always missing out on the best fights due to promoters and fighters ducking potentially record wrecking bouts. Have one belt per weight and a central board decides who fights who, then worry about the pay-per-view nonsense and WWE style theatre that comes with the build-up.

As for this fight... I'd watch but I wouldn't be proud of myself.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's in line with current boxing trends. Boxing needs saving anyway as the format is way outdated and we are always missing out on the best fights due to promoters and fighters ducking potentially record wrecking bouts. Have one belt per weight and a central board decides who fights who, then worry about the pay-per-view nonsense and WWE style theatre that comes with the build-up.

As for this fight... I'd watch but I wouldn't be proud of myself.

disagree, Boxing is far to big to have just 1 world champion per weight class and having numerous belts means you get so many more decent fights that really matter. OK so there will always be fights that don't get made but there are some amazing fights being made and have been made lately.

Boxing is guilty of boxers being built up too much and protecting their unbeaten records but you will always get fighters who will go against this ( Lomachenko etc )

As for Benn v Eubank. Its more appealing than Mayweather v McGregor was but its a bit farcical still

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
disagree, Boxing is far to big to have just 1 world champion per weight class and having numerous belts means you get so many more decent fights that really matter. OK so there will always be fights that don't get made but there are some amazing fights being made and have been made lately.

Boxing is guilty of boxers being built up too much and protecting their unbeaten records but you will always get fighters who will go against this ( Lomachenko etc )

As for Benn v Eubank. Its more appealing than Mayweather v McGregor was but its a bit farcical still

Boxing has been in decline for years and what you're saying is totally correct on paper but it's not working that way. Having multiple belts per weight class would be fine if the fights were chosen and compulsory.

Who wouldn't have wanted to see Mayweather fight Pacquiao in their prime?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Boxing has been in decline for years and what you're saying is totally correct on paper but it's not working that way. Having multiple belts per weight class would be fine if the fights were chosen and compulsory.

Who wouldn't have wanted to see Mayweather fight Pacquiao in their prime?

Boxing is booming and in amazing health. Not sure what your talking about.

That's one fight yes but taking just those 2 fighters alone and were some amazing match ups

Mayweather v De la Hoya , Mosely , Cotto , MArquez
Pac v Morales , Marquez , Cotto , Margarito, Mosely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here