Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOTD2 match thread

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Everton look totally out of sorts at present, needs a big name to get them pulling together otherwise Wazza will be a Championship player

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Jenas is tying Neville up in knots here, which I'm not sure is that hard.

The trouble is that Jenas has the clueless Chapman in the hot seat. I really rate Jenas. Intelligent guy and I hope he realises that he can add more value in football by getting his coaching badges and getting a job in the game.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why are people pretending there's even the remotest chance of Everton getting relegated? Or of Unsworth getting the job?

Neither is possible.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Jenas is an intelligent bloke isn't he. Seeing him sat next to Phil Neville and his constant spiel of cliches and football truisms is a lesson in contrasts.

He's too good for the match of the day sofa - or more accurately, he's exactly who should be sat on the match of the day sofa every week . If we had Jenas and Murphy there all the time instead of Shearer and his ilk we might actually start to get the level of analysis that is deserved

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Jenas is an intelligent bloke isn't he. Seeing him sat next to Phil Neville and his constant spiel of cliches and football truisms is a lesson in contrasts.

He's too good for the match of the day sofa - or more accurately, he's exactly who should be sat on the match of the day sofa every week . If we had Jenas and Murphy there all the time instead of Shearer and his ilk we might actually start to get the level of analysis that is deserved

Agree with all the previous comments about Jermaine Jenas - and not just because he was bigging up our double D, but agree with the Danny Murphy bit as well. People who can talk intelligently and knowledgeably...... A bit like Liam Rosenior.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We listened to the Talksport commentary on the way home, to say Barton McStampy is not a fan of Unsworth would be a massive understatement. Said Unsworth was too fat, not a 'mens football' manager, and, was only a youth coach.
I heard that too, Barton is a **** isn't he!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Barton was beyond embarrassing yesterday. Not sure what the commentator with him (sorry can't remember his name) must have thought, being lumbered with someone that gives zero proper insight/input into the game, and instead seems to insult people.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Barton was beyond embarrassing yesterday. Not sure what the commentator with him (sorry can't remember his name) must have thought, being lumbered with someone that gives zero proper insight/input into the game, and instead seems to insult people.

Sam Matterface?

I caught a bit of it yesterday and it seems that Barton has fitted into the classic Talksport mould of winding people up and generally talking nonsense or hyped up comments. I'm sure some of what he said has a bit of truth in it, but he comes across as such as bitter and angry man, that I can't really bear more than a few minutes with him on the wireless.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sam Matterface?

I caught a bit of it yesterday and it seems that Barton has fitted into the classic Talksport mould of winding people up and generally talking nonsense or hyped up comments. I'm sure some of what he said has a bit of truth in it, but he comes across as such as bitter and angry man, that I can't really bear more than a few minutes with him on the wireless.

That's exactly why they hired him. Just like Durham in the afternoons. Say any old contentious bolllloxx just to get "irate" fans to phone in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here