Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The scoreline at your first ever Brighton game

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
2-2 vs. Crewe in '96, i was 6 years old.

Peter Smith was stretchered off, that's all i remember.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Brighton 2 Charlton 0, April 1979.

It was the Easter bank holiday weekend and I saw them again on the Monday. We beat Bristol Rovers 3-0. I genuinely thought Brighton always won at home. I was wrong...

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Either 1967/68 or 1968/69
Either Tranmere or Shrewsbury, either 1-0 or 2-0. I can't remember what happened 50 minutes ago, let alone nearly 50 years!!!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Pretty sure it was 0-0, 1970, home to Bradford City. I was 9 & the thing I remember the most was Alan Duffy's Ned!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Same game. Hated it, too many people and couldn’t see anything. 30 years on and probably nearly 1000 games later I’m still not convinced I actually like it the amount of moaning I do when I get there.

It was my introduction to the North stand, I was near the top with my mates and when we scored I ended up near the bottom :lolol:

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
1-0 defeat to Notts County at Meadow Lane 1983. Think it was the game where Foster got the booking which ruled him out the cup final.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
My dad has never been a sports lover but agreed to take me to my first Albion game at the Goldstone Ground in 1992 against Oxford United at the age of 11. For some reason he only had his cheque book on him and we were late getting to the ground for a 3pm kick off. After being denied entry by a South stand turnstile operator for obvious reasons, we then went to the West stand ticket office. They kindly let us into the West stand via the office. Had a quick glimpse of the inside of that stand and might have even walked past the changing rooms on our way to the West stand upper. Missed the first goal which was scored by the Albion. Might have been Gall who got it. Anyway, we lost 2-1. Still can't believe my dad tried to pay for entry at the turnstiles with a cheque. That's my lasting memory of that day:lolol:

Edit: From Wikipedia.
15 February 1992 Oxford United H 1–2 6,096 Robinson(not Gall) - Well, I wasn't there to see it.

Last edited:

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
13th March 1971

Brighton 3 Gillingham 1

As against West Ham last Friday, Murray scored 2 of the 3 goals, but on this occasion it was Bert Murray not Glenn Murray.

Attendance 10,794

Despite the win we remained in 23rd place in Division 3, just 3 points above Gillingham who were bottom.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
31st October 1995

Albion 0 Swansea 2

Frank Lampard scored the first goal of his professional career.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2-4 Norwich at home. Gerry Ryan and Steve Foster scored the Brighton goals.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
4-0 to Brighton against Crawley in a pre-season friendly at the Goldstone around 1989/1990 not exactly sure.

I was asked to predict the score and claimed "4-0 to Brighton" which my brother (elder) thought was absurd :lolol:

In the South Stand with my dad and Granddad and bro... :)

I remember asking "who are those people making all the noise?" and thinking on being enlightened that these "away supporters" shouldn't really be allowed :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here