Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gooners Warned!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Has anybody really ever been offended by homophobic chanting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most don't care but we do have a element of supporters who get offended by this even though they're not gay.
The club and supporters clubs have created this shite as it makes us look like twats as You'll get as many gays at the Amex as any other ground....very few !!!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Racist chants are directed at individuals.
Homophobic chants are just generalisations.
As are chants about Palace being pikeys or northerners being out of work or being dirty northern ********.scousers being thieves.

Why should we be offended by being called homosexual.

You're not offended for two reasons...

a) you're obviously not easily offended
b) apparently you're not gay

However plenty of people fit the opposite of this and as had already been said would you have the same stance on racism. After all it's only words!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Most don't care but we do have a element of supporters who get offended by this even though they're not gay.
The club and supporters clubs have created this shite as it makes us look like twats as You'll get as many gays at the Amex as any other ground....very few !!!

I think you'll find the government and ministry of justice making homophobia illegal, had far more to do with it, than the club or supporters' club.

Homophobia is not a generalisation anymore than racism is. Which is worse, Hemed being called gay, because he plays for us, or Jewish? He's had both from Newcastle fans since last Sunday.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
And the facts to back up your analysis are where precisely?
By your argument it will be ok to have racist chants directed at Brighton fans as there aren't many black ones!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As are chants about Palace being pikeys or northerners being out of work or being dirty northern ********.scousers being thieves.

Using the word pikeys is classed as racist according to the law, just as much as the n word for blacks.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

How the bloody hell do you know?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I think you'll find the government and ministry of justice making homophobia illegal, had far more to do with it, than the club or supporters' club.

Homophobia is not a generalisation anymore than racism is. Which is worse, Hemed being called gay, because he plays for us, or Jewish? He's had both from Newcastle fans since last Sunday.

Is Hemed come our and said he's offended by it or are you offended for him???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is Hemed come our and said he's offended by it or are you offended for him???

I am pointing out that both are illegal. Offended is a word being bandied about now to make out that people are being too sensitive.
If sensitivity means I get upset at a tweet saying Bring back Auschwitz, to a footballer, then I'm glad I'm sensitive. It's called caring.

Going back to [MENTION=14339]pottert[/MENTION]s thinking of racism being personal or general, our fans were singing town full of P**** and town full of bombers in 2008 in Luton, which is a generalisation. I was ashamed of Brighton fans that evening.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Very few ? Really ? Even if you use the national average of 2% of people that say they are gay that comes to 600 people at each game who are gay. A sizeable number and that's before you take into account the city demographic. I'm intrigued as to what data you've used to make your statement ?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I am pointing out that both are illegal. Offended is a word being bandied about now to make out that people are being too sensitive.
If sensitivity means I get upset at a tweet saying Bring back Auschwitz, to a footballer, then I'm glad I'm sensitive. It's called caring.

Going back to [MENTION=14339]pottert[/MENTION]s thinking of racism being personal or general, our fans were singing town full of P**** and town full of bombers in 2008 in Luton, which is a generalisation. I was ashamed of Brighton fans that evening.

Apologies, I didn't realise there was a tweet relating Hemed to Auschwitz

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

Because chanting carries negative conertations.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being Homosexual or Bisexual / Asexual etc.

So why on earth should chanting which ultimately aims to ridicule or laugh at be accepted?

I also dislike class chants. Singing "we pay your benefits" is offensive. Is it right to mock people we perceive to have less wealth than us? If Ethiopia qualify for WC, is it right to chant "we pay your aid"???

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Yes I was there.Its was just words.The thing with homophobic chanting is it's just a generalisation.Its not aimed at individuals like racist chants might be.

That is easily one of the stupidest things I've ever seen anyone post on here.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I suggest that such an issue being touched upon is more an affront to your masculinity.

Most people agree with it or have no real opinion it. It's interesting how the most 'alpha' among supporters just hate the subject coming up.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I didn't hear any homophobic chants from the gooners, in fact, I didn't hear any chants at all.

Easy target, I know, but someone had to say it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here