Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not NFL news - but if anyone fancies watching a game or two here in Brighton, the Sussex Saxons University team kick off their season this Sunday at the Falmer Sports complex....I believe KO is now 11am.

Also, next Saturday (Nov.12th) the Sussex Thunder are playing a charity game vs Kent Exiles at Brighton Rugby Club (Waterhall). KO is 6pm.

Well worth going along to support your local teams and, although totally amateur, is a pretty good standard!

Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] - looking forward to the game on Sunday night? I think it could be tight and a great test for Carr against our defence. I'm hoping for a Broncos win but reckon the winning margin either way will be less than 7 points.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
[MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] - looking forward to the game on Sunday night? I think it could be tight and a great test for Carr against our defence. I'm hoping for a Broncos win but reckon the winning margin either way will be less than 7 points.

Is it live on Sky ?

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
And Matt Ryan and the Falcons March on to 6-3, crushing win over the Buccs and taken a real hold of the NFC south, going into work and booking me some time off in Jan an long weekend in Atlanta for some playoff football could be a real possibility!

Sent from my iPhone using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
And Matt Ryan and the Falcons March on to 6-3, crushing win over the Buccs and taken a real hold of the NFC south, going into work and booking me some time off in Jan an long weekend in Atlanta for some playoff football could be a real possibility!

Fantastic one-handed catch by Evans last night for the Buccs - especially when you consider the hit he took on landing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep - although it is the 1:30am game. I'll be watching it on fast forward before I go to work in the morning.

Damn have to be in London Monday so will have to give it a miss

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yay, Raiders win

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
#TomlinOut

Somehow the score didn't bear it out (mainly due to Roethlisberger finding his feet in garbage time and the defence playing superbly) but that was once of the worst Steelers performances I've ever seen, certainly offensively and on special teams.

In what seems to be a recurring theme going back some time, Special Teams were atrocious (blocked punt returned for touchdown, laughable attempt at an onside kick, dumber than dumb roughing the punter call), the playcalling on offence was far too conservative until the game was done, the running game went nowhere and we didn't try enough to get the ball in Antonio Brown's hands. The lack of discipline that has plagued this team for a number of years now was evident in the penalty count.

The good news, the Ravens are terrible and for once this looks like one of the weakest divisions in football. If the Steelers were to not make the playoffs this year, Tomlin must come under serious pressure.

Couldn't stay up for The Raiders but is it time to get excited now?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Steelers 4-4 What has happened?

As said above they'll only be division winners because of the weakness of their divisional opponents.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
For anyone that was interested in the Sussex Thunder Charity game this coming Saturday night (12th), the game has been cancelled because the Exiles can't put out a team....
In other news, the Browns still look like they could be beaten by a Pop Warner team. We are just AWFUL on defense....Its embarrassing.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
I see this weekends televised games are being decided the fans.... hoping Falcons v Eagles gets on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here