Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daniel pudil, Jamie Murphy and Johnny Russell

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Russell would be a cracking signing. Absolute belter of a player. The only alarm bells are that, if Derby are getting rid of him they will be bringing in someone even better. It's looking like a tough league next season. It's also looking like we are prepared to spend.

Same as normal for recent years then :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Get these 3 and RLZ and we are looking good.

We would of course still need a central defender as well.

Then any necessary replacements for Dunk, Colunga, COG etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All wide attacking players. Could be a ploy to give the Iranian bloke a bit of a nudge while his agent tries to drum up interest elsewhere.
Or, and I suspect more likely, it's because the Iranian bloke said no.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can't even muster a semi at this gossip.....too many false dawns plus erectile dysfunction have finally taken their toll.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
On the subject of Derby..

image.jpg1_3.jpg

So that's where our supposed interest in Clement came from, was it? That poster Kikikai or whatever he called himself, reckoned we'd offered him the job. What are the odds, had he taken it, that both would have been out of the door, as Hyypia and Burke were, and that we would have been in exactly the same position?

Burke proved that he's good at spotting young players, that's where all his experience is. He was just a bit rubbish at buying established players and managing a budget

Wazza, and I think Guy Butters, said he'd turned down most of their recommendations.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Would be pleased with all of these. I seem to remember Pudil looking good against us before and, with Watford going up, would be a good target. Russell is a much better option for playing wide in a front three than anyone we have and I seem to remember is pretty quick (something we desperately need). Murphy sounds like he'd be a decent option.

Let's hope we can get a couple of these finalised. We could really do with a productive week where we sign three or four players as players come back for pre season soon.

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
Russell is a very popular player amongst Derby fans, because he gives 100% every game, wears his passion on his sleeve (literally - check out the tats) and, if he could manage to stay injury free, is easily capable of getting into double-figures in goals from whatever forward position he's played in. He has, however, been very unlucky with injuries and every time he's got into his stride at Derby, an injury has set him back. He was in terrific form around the middle of last season, then picked up a hamstring injury and didn't get back to that level when he eventually returned. He's not really an out-and-out winger, because he's always looking to cut inside, particularly from the right where he's mostly played for us. He's VERY left-footed. Allot of fans wanted to see him given a chance as one of a pair of central strikers, but other than when tactics changed during games, he wasn't given that opportunity. He might thrive there if given the chance. He doesn't have the best first touch and sometimes switches off when supporting the full-back defensively, but he was also 2nd in the assists rankings at the club with 8, so is more than just a goal-threat. I wouldn't describe him as 'an absolute belter of a player' but he certainly has it in him to make a bigger impact at this level.

I think if he does become available, you'll have competition for his signature (which is good for us) but he'd be a decent signing. He could still do a job for us, but if Ince does sign, I can understand that both he and the club might think it better if he moved on. He's one of those players that's guaranteed a good reception when he returns to the Ipro, that's for sure.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not sure about that, he's popular for his work rate and effort but a bit limited. Not sure where Brighton would play him.

We don't play with wingers.

The reason you are not sure where they would play is because although everyone is hoping that everything will be very different under the new Manager this year, many are not opening their mind that we will actually be aiming to play very differently this coming year.

All I would say is , embrace all new transfer target and trust that the manager has a plan for how he wants to play to improve on last year. Not difficult I know but he is looking to get a good balance of not losing goals and also scoring goals

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Three more names to throw into the mix. Identifying targets doesn't cost much so I'm not surprised that we are being linked to so many players. The big issue for me is how many of these will actually sign for us. Pre-season is getting ever nearer.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Guys come on there is no way jonny Russell is coming our way. More likely get a jack Russell.

I doubt it - Jack Russell can now cost up to £800.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Reliable Twitter account , enquiry rejected for Murphy

Means nothing, it's all part of the transfer saga. How many times did we reject Leicester enquiries and offers for Ulloa, and how many times did Bristol City say no when we came knocking for Baldock? If the club want to make it happen and the player wants the move it will happen. Sheffield United will try to hold out and get the best price they can for him, which is exactly what we would do if it situation was reversed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Daniel Pudil? I think he's great in community, but what use will his nic cage impression be on a football field?!

giphy.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here