Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Job Vacancy Jigsaw

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just thought I had to share this little beauty with NSC.

TECHNICAL MANAGER Location: LONDON or LEEDS or WYTHENSHAWE, MANCHESTER (Candidates can choose their preferred location) Permanent Job Description SME Core Purpose of the Role SMEs will be responsible for governance of NFE projects and ensure projects adhere to Client's standards and process. SMEs will review and sign off NFE deliverables. Responsibilities Track Projects from inception by working with CIO PM/Stakeholders/NFE team Responsible for review of Study/DBTR quotes/WAB and OTOB tracking Responsible for managing NFE tools, The Source (currently QMS) template Responsible for review of NFE metrics and Status reports Accountable for reviewing NFE Scope and NFT participation in NFR workshops Responsible for reviewing Non-functional Vulnerability Assessment (NVF) results done by Performance Engineers Review all deliverables and ensure quality by following standards and guidelines Manage NFE Audit Calendar & Perform Client's NFE audit for Quality Stages in SDLC Ensure that various standards, guidelines and templates are available for NFE activities & agreed standards are maintained & adhered to Work with NFE Manager/offshore team to have detail plan and track timelines Ensure NFE projects are delivered to schedule and cost by tracking risks, issues and dependencies Ensure that NFE engagement delivers according to their scope and strategy Key Skills Understanding of metrics and key performance indicators Understanding of guidelines and standards to be used for NFE activities.

Volunteers please to help me to piece this together into some form of English There appears to be no google translate available for recruitment jargon overload.

1 Acronym per post please, (some of them at least are reasonably common)
Those interested in applying to work with [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] are expected to excel at this task.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
SME - Small/Medium Enterprise

OR

SME - Subject Matter Expert

I'm guessing the later.... I have once seen both used in the same sentence* by someone too thick to realise this might be a little confusing!

* To refer to the person with responsibility for managing the small business account - so he was the SME for SME

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
SME - Small/Medium Enterprise

OR

SME - Subject Matter Expert

I'm guessing the later.... I have once seen both used in the same sentence* by someone too thick to realise this might be a little confusing!

* To refer to the person with responsibility for managing the small business account - so he was the SME for SME

SME = Subject Matter Expert

FACT

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I suppose that, if you understand those TLAs, then you're the ideal candidate.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
NFE, NFT & NFR would usually mean Non-functional engineering, non-functional testing & non-functional requirements where I come from, but might be something different here.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Once I get past this I am well and truly stumped! Can we have a clue as to what Industry this relates to?

Not a clue, something IT related - SDLC is software development life cycle, if that helps. There are at least half a dozen I would have to google to have a clue what they are going on about.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
NFE = No F'kin Excuse
NFT = Not F'kin Trying
NFR = Not F'kin Reliable
Mmmm sounds like a good description of the England team

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports