Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rosberg Retires from F1 !!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He's put a long statement out on FB and this bit is interesting, talking about his wife,

'She understood that this year was the big one, our opportunity to do it, and created the space for me to get full recovery between every race, looking after our daughter each night, taking over when things got tough and putting ourchampionship first.'

How did he know this was the year, did he have some insight into Hamilton's reliability issues or am I just going down the tin foil hat avenue?????

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Rosberg knows that with much quicker cars next season the better racers will be fighting it out. He is not one of the better racers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good, let's hope Mercedes sign a driver who can compete with Lewis without "reliability" issues being the only way to beat him. Alonso, Verstappen, Ricciardo or Vettel please.

Rosberg got lucky this season...and he clearly knows it.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
As I said in a different thread before Rosberg announced his retirements - it's really disappointing to see the lack of respect shown to Rosberg following his win. The guy is an absolute gentleman and won the Championship after the best racing season of his career.

I note Hamilton couldn't resist another unprovoked dig at Rosberg following his retirement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b2zqhgCGfU

Stay classy, Hamilton.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
As I said in a different thread before Rosberg announced his retirements - it's really disappointing to see the lack of respect shown to Rosberg following his win. The guy is an absolute gentleman and won the Championship after the best racing season of his career.

I note Hamilton couldn't resist another unprovoked dig at Rosberg following his retirement:

Stay classy, Hamilton.

I respect genuine and deserving winners. Being a 'gentleman',although admirable, is well down my list of what is a true champion.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach

Stay classy, Hamilton.
They say you need to earn respect....he obviously didn't.

Freeing up the Mercedes seat for a more exciting driver....perfect.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Stay classy, Hamilton.

Rosberg only won because of Hamilton's reliabity issues, that is a fact. I have no problem with your admiration but being a gent counts for very little.

Cheating is not very gentlemanly IMO though. Monaco a couple of years ago when he caused qualifying to be abandoned when he was in the lead and Hamilton was on a hotter lap and driving into Hamilton twice this season to stop him overtaking.

I cannot recall a single time in the whole time they were team mates at Mercedes when Rosberg overtook and beat Hamilton on the track (apart from when Hamilton had car problems) How can I admire a World champ like that?...

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Stay classy, Hamilton.

So you think Hamilton should show respect to someone who deliberately drove their car into his. Marvellous.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Obviously doesn't fancy constant fourth places next year,behind Hamilton and the Red Bulls!:lolol:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
excellent descision by him all things considered

young family

achieved what he set out to do

no guarantee the mercedes will be the superior car next season

and he will always be known as the man who won the world championship while having Lewis Hamilton as a team mate

I can see that being in the sports quizzes 30 years from now

Is he related to Keke Rosberg (just checked he's his son).I think Keke kept going for a few years after winning in 1982, but lost a lot of his mates on the track. Maybe he told Nico to get out whilst he still had his faculties.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hamilton and Rosberg both amazing drivers

Rosberg is a classy guy, Hamilton - not so much

And Rosberg has spent his life playing second fiddle to a superior driver and probably knows he's not going to win another championship having got this one by default.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He owns three houses including a gigantic villa in Ibiza (and a scooter) where he spends a lot of time. He has 40 million in the bank. He has a lovely wife and a child. He is also a world champion. Given the choice of spending further years driving round and round in a car or doing nothing except for enjoying myself on Ibiza I know what I'd choose every time. I'd also buy myself a castle in Germany though.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Maybe Schumi won't need his, as it's difficult to put stairlifts on spiral staircases I'll bet.

I never forgave him for Adelaide 1994..

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Is he related to Keke Rosberg (just checked he's his son).I think Keke kept going for a few years after winning in 1982, but lost a lot of his mates on the track. Maybe he told Nico to get out whilst he still had his faculties.

it's amazing to think when his father won the drivers championship he only actually won 1 race that season

in fact Keke only won 5 races in his whole career,he was particularly good on street circuits

also he had a hole drilled into his helmut,so he could smoke right up to getting in the car

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Actually. On reflection if I had 40m in the bank and lived on Ibiza I'd probably be dead within a month.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I think Bottas would really fit the Merc mould. I think he signed a new deal with Williams in the summer but to me he has the experience and the speed to fit the bill

Looks like this is who Mercedes are going for

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here