Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
A bit inbetween, but def more like a thickish t-shirt

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Picked mine up from the post office today - very impressed.

I'd put the material between a t-shirt and a rugby shirt. Thickish, but not rugby shirt thick.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Result!
The 70s peru away kit was a rugby shirt just i little stretchy. That said 100% cotton too. Couldn't wear it at all.

Now u'v given it approval, I'll add it to the list.

Thanks

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Just looked at their site today, wondering if there was a short sleeved version yet and it seems we're the only club, or at least one of them, that doesn't have anything on there any more. Have the club and Toffs had a falling out? [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION]?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just looked at their site today, wondering if there was a short sleeved version yet and it seems we're the only club, or at least one of them, that doesn't have anything on there any more. Have the club and Toffs had a falling out? @Superphil?

Had a look myself. The only Brighton related item that came up in the search was the 1983 Cup Final DVD at £9,99. However, when you read the rather lengthy product description (318 words!), it is only in the final sentence that they state it is the full 90 minutes of the replay plus the goals from the first game!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just looked at their site today, wondering if there was a short sleeved version yet and it seems we're the only club, or at least one of them, that doesn't have anything on there any more. Have the club and Toffs had a falling out? [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION]?

BHAFC, as I understand it, have required Toffs to stop making Albion retro shirts as they didn't have permission, and/or wouldn't agree to a licensing arrangment, I believe a number of other clubs have done the same.

There is an alternative retro brand called Score Draw who have got official licences from clubs to make reproductions, which they do for the Albion. Their products are exclusively available through the Albion club shop, not available through their own site, or the sites of their resellers.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
BHAFC, as I understand it, have required Toffs to stop making Albion retro shirts as they didn't have permission, and/or wouldn't agree to a licensing arrangment, I believe a number of other clubs have done the same.

There is an alternative retro brand called Score Draw who have got official licences from clubs to make reproductions, which they do for the Albion. Their products are exclusively available through the Albion club shop, not available through their own site, or the sites of their resellers.

And I think sizes are limited, unlike toffs who went to 3xl and beyond

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone know if you can still get these ? Mine is wearing out. The nylon one was itchy.:thumbsup:

Sadly Toffs were stopped from making Brighton retro shirts as Score Draw were selected by the club as official retro shirt makers. Toffs have the rights to the Bukta branding, you could give them a call and ask if they have any leftover, I've found them very accommodating in the past. Failing that keep an eye on eBay maybe,

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Thought I’d give this a bounce as I’ve just looked on the club shop site and I have to say that the retro offerings are largely shite. Wonder if it’s because of the club really ploughing the Nike furrow.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There is nothing better than a bukta kit for me, however, I can't wear nylon, especially scratchy old fishing rope weave.

I had a cotton toffs, and now an unknown cotton 60's shirt. A shame to not be contributing to club coffer, but frankly 95% of mercy is tat. The club needs to up its game there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Thought I’d give this a bounce as I’ve just looked on the club shop site and I have to say that the retro offerings are largely shite. Wonder if it’s because of the club really ploughing the Nike furrow.

I think the Score Draw retro shirts, especially the cotton ones that they used to do were probably the best retro shirts on the market. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here