Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Fans given banning order....................

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
If, as you seem to be implying, there were extenuating circumstances regarding the named five people, why did they not oppose the banning order? More to the point why don't you elaborate on proceedings if you feel the need for justification for the accused?

I've explained this in another post.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
If you've ever been to an away game not resembling a speccy fat virgin then chances are you are on Darren Balkham's list of potential risk supporters.

At least one of those pictured in the Argus was pretty unlucky then! :moo:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Well from what I've seen those "skilled practised fighters" you speak of didn't look that great when people stood up to them. So perhaps if you grew a set then you might have preserved your own life anyway and come away from it with a bit of credit.

The police you speak of of were English old bill and were more interested in playing Stephen Spielburg than dealing with some bum bag wearing Russians. As for the Gendarmerie they had one answer to anything and that was tear gas.

But then it would be up to a magistrate to decide what was reasonable force not you. If someone threw a chair at me and I threw it back at them would that be reasonable force?

You really do have 'big man' issues don't you. It's not about growing a pair, it's about making a rational decision rather than playing Billy big bollocks. I am a proud father of a beautiful one year old who I want to see grow up and the best way to achieve this in this situation is to leg it. At the end of the day you live with the consequences of your actions. If you stay to earn so 'credit' and show those foreign 'slags' who's boss and that English lads don't back down then you deserve your ban if you get caught. Don't get me wrong, the Russian hooligans are scum and I wouldn't mourn any of them but if you get caught throwing chairs and squaring up to them then you have to live with the result.

The English police had no jurisdiction to arrest Russians on French soil. I agree the French police were very poor in their response throughout however that doesn't excuse the retaliation from some fans. I'm sure you have seen the footage of England fans giving it large in the following days. If you truly wanted to avoid trouble after the initial flair up then you would have avoided the area (as many did including people I know)

It would be up to a magistrate to decide. And these guys knew that the evidence was clearly against them and therefore pleaded guilty. This is not a conspiracy, if they were not then surely you would contest the charges no matter what? If someone throws a chair at you but you are not harmed and they back off then I suspect that you would no longer be justified in 'defending' yourself by throwing it back. That is retaliation not defence. But again, as you so rightly say it would be up to a magistrate to decide, which was not required as they pleaded guilty.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not justified, but we all got a bit fed up with them hovering like flies while people were being indiscriminately assaulted. Some seriously. One of the group took extreme umbrage and tossed a beer over a camera. Silly, but the whole day was crazy.
Was the beer still in its bottle or glass, or was it just the liquid ale ? ???

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I do remember the Scunthorpe United incident very well. I chased some of the buggers who had just committed an unprovoked act of ABH on one of our group. One then proceeded to hide behind a bunch of coppers and when I pointed him out they threatened me with arrest !

I suppose I'd get an FBO for that these days.

So your saying ABH on BHA deserves FBO , OK, LMAO
Anyone for scrabble?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
If you go to away games, Sussex police tend to know who you are! Darren Balkham often comes in the pubs for a chat!
If he is the one who has grassed them then i hope he gets f*cked off with a flea in his ear next time he comes in for a ''chat''.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Some of you lot really make me sick. We all saw the footage of the Russians indiscriminately attacking English fans, they were like a pack of animals. None of us know the circumstances of what happened to these blokes, provided they never started the trouble then I would be firmly on their side.
How do we know they had a chance to run, if I was in that situation and I could run I would. BUT not if it meant leaving behind one of my mates or any England fan who was in trouble(providing they never instigated it).
Sometimes the best form of defence is attack.
Some absolute tosspots on here.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
To be fair, I did consider throwing something at the television during the majority of the Iceland game...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'd be interested to know what other domestic clubs have done with their fans that have had altercations in France.It annoys me that the process and evidence isn't substantial to ban you from your home club while the altercation was in another country.

Getting stupid now when you get all sorts of altercations here and abroad and you normally get a slap on the wrist,but when it's football it's like the end of the world and severe punishment is thrusted in your face.

Very very harsh decision as the French should have sole responsibility to punish them with the right evidence and BHA have in my mind got this ridiculously wrong.

el punal

Is there no way they can appeal?? It seems very unfair..seems like some top lads have been royally stitched up!

They didn't oppose the banning order, which speaks volumes. If they were innocent, as you seem to suggest, why didn't they at least seek legal advice regarding their predicament? A half hour free consultation with a solicitor would no doubt have helped their case if the accusation was unjust or suspect. Or was it a case of bang to rights?

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Ridiculous, for us that were there and know the guys, it is clear they've been treated unfairly and its a shame the Argus has printed what they did. The club too, the guys follow Brighton home and away.

Justice for the Albion 5!

Lost a lot of respect for a lot of Albion fans with their comments on here. shame people are too quick to judge what happened in Marseille from watching on their TV's and seeing the selected media videos that were shown

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
They didn't oppose the banning order, which speaks volumes. If they were innocent, as you seem to suggest, why didn't they at least seek legal advice regarding their predicament? A half hour free consultation with a solicitor would no doubt have helped their case if the accusation was unjust or suspect. Or was it a case of bang to rights?
No it doesnt, the reason they didnt has already been posted.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

The reason they didn't oppose the banning order has already been posted..I don't know if they were innocent or not but judging by the first hand accounts I have heard about what it was like out there, I would be amazed if they have been treated entirely fairly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here