Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Swansea v Liverpool tonight

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I said Carlos Carvalhal wasn't a bad appointment on New Year's Eve - I won't regurgitate the thread but he's exceeded even my expectations so far. One or two good signings before the window closes and they might pull off the great escape.

MASSIVE fans must be crying their little hearts out now. :lol:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Lucky Welsh *****! When are we going to have something go our way?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Liverpool selling Coutinho helped.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Where's she gone? I was just about to have a w*nk over her. :(

tumblr_na5s23BvIT1s8ne5ko1_250.gif :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was his strategy that won it. He had the perfect combination of organisation, commitment and a bit of pace on the break to offer a threat and provide an out ball.

Sure, that strategy will fail more often than not against the top six simply because ANY strategy will often fail against the best players. But for a team like Swansea, it only has to work twice a season for them to take the points they need in those matches. He gave them a chance and if you give yourself a chance against the big boys you’ll occasionally get a game that swings in your favour. Swansea have now drawn with Spurs and beaten Liverpool. Just imagine if we had a strategy that had delivered that...

What was the strategy then? I watched the game and couldn't spot it? Was it conceding 72% of the ball? Giving away over 20 shots on goal? Having just 3 shots on goal in the entire game? What genius strategy. Please enlighten me on what it was exactly, I must have missed it other than a gigantic helping of good fortune throughout the 90mins...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We’re staying up :clap2: Keep the faith.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not sure if a team has not got relegated by not taking a point of the top 6 in any match. That could be the damning statistic for us at the end of the season.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
That was ridiculous. How on earth Swansea came away from that with 3 points I do not know? Liverpool players who have been scoring for fun were blazing over and wide and their keeper did not have a save to make all night.
My only hope from that is that Swansea used about a season's worth of luck up in 90 minutes.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
What was the strategy then? I watched the game and couldn't spot it? Was it conceding 72% of the ball? Giving away over 20 shots on goal? Having just 3 shots on goal in the entire game? What genius strategy. Please enlighten me on what it was exactly, I must have missed it other than a gigantic helping of good fortune throughout the 90mins...

They were resolute in their defending and barely gave liverpool a sniff! Most of those shots were desperate attempts miles wide. Our defending has gone to shit lately in terms of lapses in concentration and giving cheap goals away. Needs to change asap! As well as putting the ball in the net up the other end

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
That was ridiculous. How on earth Swansea came away from that with 3 points I do not know? Liverpool players who have been scoring for fun were blazing over and wide and their keeper did not have a save to make all night.
My only hope from that is that Swansea used about a season's worth of luck up in 90 minutes.

Bus parking masterclass and Liverpool players all playing like they were on the booze, just what we needed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here