Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colunga Loaned Out

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I liked him, never really given a run. Unimpressed as he offers more than CMS IMO. What next, a two year extension for CMS?

I know they don't play in the same position but Colunga has way more ability than CMS.

Hughton has said he doesn't expect any more signings hasn't he? Weird decision.

I quite liked him as a player too. Certainly more to offer than CMS. Thought he would still come good under Hughton, but I think the form of Baldock and O'Grady probably helped the decision. I don't think that we will see anyone coming in either. Best will expect to have games, so along with Baldock, O'grady and CMS we are covered until the close season when we can recruit the players Hughton wants. I am surprised that CMS hasn't gone, although Hughton does rate him and may want to see how he does. Risky game though, we risk losing him for nothing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
didnt think hughton rated him to be honest. no point in him being here if the boss doesnt rate him. surely we've got someone coming in?

Why ? KLL is coming back, March is fit, Tex is back in form, Baldock has started scoring. I'd have Colunga behind all of those.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Absolute mystery why we signed him. I assumed it meant CMS was on his way. But to end up with three similar forwards made no sense. I would have preferred to keep Colunga than CMS, but CH must know what he wants.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why can't you all get off CMS' back? This campaign of slagging him off repeatedly and wishing he was leaving is tedious, and a disgrace to the suggestion we support our players.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I really liked him as a player, and he's by far the most intelligent of those we have on our books. As indicated, he's been more involved in goals than any other of our strikers. Which ought to tell people something, especially as he hasn't had that much game time.
That said, I've always wondered how he fits into our system. He's too small and slight to play up-top, and isn't really suited to playing the wide position. I, too, was hoping that if any of our strikers left, it'd be CMS. Oh well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I quite liked him as a player too. Certainly more to offer than CMS. Thought he would still come good under Hughton, but I think the form of Baldock and O'Grady probably helped the decision. I don't think that we will see anyone coming in either. Best will expect to have games, so along with Baldock, O'grady and CMS we are covered until the close season when we can recruit the players Hughton wants. I am surprised that CMS hasn't gone, although Hughton does rate him and may want to see how he does. Risky game though, we risk losing him for nothing.

I'm not. CMS will be on silly money here, covering his wages would be a serious outlay for a L1 club (P'boro gave it a go out of sentiment more than anything else, but that didn't work out very well). Can't see many Championship clubs itching to take him off our hands either. He'll be off to L1 in the summer, with a substantial cut in salary.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
He was a free transfer but on a very large wage, obviously this is about balancing the books.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Looks like a decisive Hughton decision to me and that is a great sign that he has a plan with what he wants. Much better than Gus doing the I need more money trick or Hyppia shrugging his shoulders.

I'm not saying Colunga is a bad player but he's not really suited to getting out of the Championship. He can't play up front on his own and he's not a winger. Seems Hughton thinks the same.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Why can't you all get off CMS' back? This campaign of slagging him off repeatedly and wishing he was leaving is tedious, and a disgrace to the suggestion we support our players.

You sound like the Daily Mail comments column if it knew the Albion existed. Disgrace. Tedious. Campaign. Just needed 'Angry worded letter to my MP' for all 4 corners.

Facking hell son it's Friday night. Crack a beer open. It's only 25 minutes till Babestation gets good.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
How much did he cost us?

He was a free transfer but on a very large wage, obviously this is about balancing the books.

[MENTION=5050]CliveWalkerWingWizard[/MENTION] - was he free? At the time he signed, I don't think I saw anything definitive as to whether his contract had been cancelled by Getafe (and he was effectively a free agent), or whether it was actually a transfer (and if so, whether a fee was involved).

Do you have evidence either way?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I liked him, never really given a run. Unimpressed as he offers more than CMS IMO. What next, a two year extension for CMS?

I know they don't play in the same position but Colunga has way more ability than CMS.

Hughton has said he doesn't expect any more signings hasn't he? Weird decision.

I agree. I'm a little disappointed, not a winger, but his movement was arguably as good as anything else we currently have.

Oh well life goes on.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
[MENTION=5050]CliveWalkerWingWizard[/MENTION] - was he free? At the time he signed, I don't think I saw anything definitive as to whether his contract had been cancelled by Getafe (and he was effectively a free agent), or whether it was actually a transfer (and if so, whether a fee was involved).

Do you have evidence either way?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28927768

'Undisclosed fee' - Sky sports article says the same.

I've heard over £1m mentioned (by more than 1 person), whether that's true or not I have no idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here