Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just watched MOTD which I recorded and the realised how important the tackle by Stephens was, for which he got booked, after Dunk had been dispossessed by Barnes when charging forward

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It was connected to the match in the same way as people posting about their view etc at Turf Moor.or wherever and only a slight deviation.

I'm just teasing BG. I chuckled when I read your post. If you can ever find a dodgy stream then your IT skills are superior to mine. I don't even try. As POTG says though, I don't think it is a subject that the NSC authorities wish discussed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have watched every away game this season but if Seagulls TV showed all of them I am sure me and many more supporters would subscribe to it and it wouldnt affect attendances very much as those that wish to travel, like my sons and brother, will still do do.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just watched MOTD which I recorded and the realised how important the tackle by Stephens was, for which he got booked, after Dunk had been dispossessed by Barnes when charging forward

Tackle? Looked like a dive to me. I thought Barnes knocked it too far in front of him and so fell over instead as he wasn't going to get to the ball first. Not sure Stephens even touched him?

The more I look at Ryan in that scramble, the more impressed I am.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have watched every away game this season but if Seagulls TV showed all of them I am sure me and many more supporters would subscribe to it and it wouldnt affect attendances very much as those that wish to travel, like my sons and brother, will still do do.

I'm pretty sure Seagulls TV wouldn't be allowed to show them, even if they wanted to or were competent enough to do so.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm pretty sure Seagulls TV wouldn't be allowed to show them, even if they wanted to or were competent enough to do so.

Probably not but it would solve a lot of problems and enable more supporters to watch games if all Premier clubs could do it and would have no adverse affect on the gates.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm surprised you thought the performance was dire. Is that view formed from the radio or were you at the game ? I really enjoyed the game. Excellent performance from the central midfield in particular. We had more shots than Burnley and more possession and in the last 20 minutes in particular Burnley rarely had the ball and the constant pressing of their defenders created opportunities. On another day we would have won comfortably. All of this makes the editing of the MOTD coverage particularly farcical. They simply showed a handful of Burnley half chances and the scramble in the goalmouth when they should have scored. Having said that, there were decent shouts against Bruno and Dunk (I think) for handballs. I have a lot of admiration for Bong who owned their wingers despite dealing with unpleasant abuse. All in all a good performance which gives me a lot of optimism for next season.

I watched a good stream thanks and witnessed a dire game of football. Despite what Hughton said no team deserved to win that game. Very little quality chances were created by either team.
First half we were terrible. We came out 2nd half well for about 15 minutes but again nothing was created. This was a typical away performance and why we have scored less than 10 goals.
Sounds like you were impressed with that ?
At this stage of the season points are more important to us than performance but I was clock watching from 60 mins onwards as I couldn't see us scoring.
We are a poor team away from home and this needs to change next season.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I watched a good stream thanks and witnessed a dire game of football. Despite what Hughton said no team deserved to win that game. Very little quality chances were created by either team.
First half we were terrible. We came out 2nd half well for about 15 minutes but again nothing was created. This was a typical away performance and why we have scored less than 10 goals.
Sounds like you were impressed with that ?
At this stage of the season points are more important to us than performance but I was clock watching from 60 mins onwards as I couldn't see us scoring.
We are a poor team away from home and this needs to change next season.

Perhaps it is a little easier to appreciate the off the ball movement when at the game as opposed to on the tv ? This is a good indicator of attacking intent and believe me the performance yesterday was streets ahead of the Huddersfield and WBA performances.. Now those two were dire ! Yesterday we looked more like a team and the midfield were trying to pick out creative passes but unfortunately we lacked pace up front from Ulloa. Once again Stephens controlled the midfield and I think all we lack is that pacy forward. Step forward Jurgen Locadia in August.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Normally, I'd be disappointed to drop points at home to all bar the Top Six, but the draw suited the agenda of both teams - we got the point which (barring miracles) seals 7th and Euro qualification and the Seagulls got another point which virtually guarantees safety (although you've probably enough points already).

It seems that recently Burnley & Brighton have cancelled each other out. If it had been 3 points apiece in 2015/16 you'd have got 2nd instead of Middlesbrough.

How about next season the managers agree on two home wins? Three points each instead of two.:)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Normally, I'd be disappointed to drop points at home to all bar the Top Six, but the draw suited the agenda of both teams - we got the point which (barring miracles) seals 7th and Euro qualification and the Seagulls got another point which virtually guarantees safety (although you've probably enough points already).

It seems that recently Burnley & Brighton have cancelled each other out. If it had been 3 points apiece in 2015/16 you'd have got 2nd instead of Middlesbrough.

How about next season the managers agree on two home wins? Three points each instead of two.:)
Not a bad idea!

How about we make it mutual away wins instead, though - with Bong scoring a glorious last minute winner at Turf Moor................

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It seems that recently Burnley & Brighton have cancelled each other out.
Yep.

I'm pretty sure I can agree that with Chris. We should probably keep this to PM though, you never know who's watching.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Not a bad idea!

How about we make it mutual away wins instead, though - with Bong scoring a glorious last minute winner at Turf Moor................

No problem as long as Ashley Barnes is allowed to slot home a stoppage time penalty winner at the Amex.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here