Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I for one am sick of this damn Winter!
Who ever heard of a white Easter ? Mercifully not around here.

Give us some Spring... please!

I've posted this several times but I've seen more a White Easters than white Christmases. It is not unusual.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is that when you lived up North TB?
Just seen a photo on Twitter of snow in Sheffield this morning.

Sometimes and yes, my inlaws have got snow today. I remember going to my aunty and uncle in Henfield for Easter and it snowing heavily, so it's happened in Sussex too.
We tend to forget weather very quickly, as I heard lots of moans about last years dismal summer, when what actually happened was it rained during the school holidays. May June and July were very hot and dry.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Double figure maxes from now on, could see 20c in the SE in the next 7 days.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Snowing hard in the wonderful Wharfe Valley today.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We tend to forget weather very quickly, as I heard lots of moans about last years dismal summer, when what actually happened was it rained during the school holidays. May June and July were very hot and dry.

This is a point I kept making last year. During May/June I kept telling people this was their summer so enjoy it. But everyone judges the summer on August because the kids are off. More often than not May-July is better than August and last year May-July was a belter of a summer.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A little bit of sleet in the forecast for early next week!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A little bit of sleet in the forecast for early next week!

Just cold and wet for Sussex:

IMG_2564.PNG

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
So chance of sleet early next week, back up to 20 degrees by the weekend. Madness.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Oh how I wish. Bloody hate this weather. Don't mind the sun if it's 18-20 degrees but this is horrible.

Me too. Heavy rain here this morning, which was a joy, but now the sun is out, it's 28c and even more humid. I'm wilting.

Give me a chilly Spring morning with bright sunshine.

Yoda

English & European
Oh how I wish. Bloody hate this weather. Don't mind the sun if it's 18-20 degrees but this is horrible.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news then, but this is probably going to last another 10-14 days. Even then, it only looks to be a blip for a few days max, then settling into dry, sunny and possibly very hot conditions again.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
FLUMPING down in north Essex right now. Lagged the outside tap and gritted the driveway.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news then, but this is probably going to last another 10-14 days. Even then, it only looks to be a blip for a few days max, then settling into dry, sunny and possibly very hot conditions again.

Good. Gives the builders (on my extension) no excuses. :lolol::lolol:

Well, wrong kind of sunshine, I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here