Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Brighton are safe. Southampton and Stoke are absolutely dreadful and Huddersfield will pick up 1 more point max. There won't be an interesting finish to the season after all.

Not buying that. Southampton have been playing better than us lately. They probably have better players also. They are capable of stringing a few results together.

I said weeks ago Stoke were gone. They are utter garbage.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not buying that. Southampton have been playing better than us lately. They probably have better players also. They are capable of stringing a few results together.

Seriously, Southampton have been playing better?
Prior to losing after taking the lead against Arsenal and Chelsea, they were:
L 0-3 away to West Ham
L 0-3 away to Newcastle
D 0-0 home to Stoke
D1-1 away to Burnley
L 0-2 home to Liverpool

2 points from their last 7, compared to our 8 points from our last 7. What exactly are you basing that on, taking the lead but limply surrendering to defeat in the last 2 games!!??

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Maybe you should tell my Saints supporting brother who also happens to go fairly regularly that his team are better than ours, despite being 7 points worse off. Because he reckons they are absolute gash and called relegation months ago. One decent performance recently against Chelsea doesn't really paper over the cracks.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe you should tell my Saints supporting brother who also happens to go fairly regularly that his team are better than ours, despite being 7 points worse off. Because he reckons they are absolute gash and called relegation months ago. One decent performance recently against Chelsea doesn't really paper over the cracks.

Indeed. The consecutive 3-0 defeats to West Ham and Newcastle were hammerings. A decent 45 mins against a woeful Chelsea, was followed by an alarming capitulation once Chelsea got one back. Can't see Leicester being anything but up for their game on Saturday. Anything could happen of course.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Indeed. The consecutive 3-0 defeats to West Ham and Newcastle were hammerings. A decent 45 mins against a woeful Chelsea, was followed by an alarming capitulation once Chelsea got one back. Can't see Leicester being anything but up for their game on Saturday. Anything could happen of course.

Hopefully they will be more UP on Thursday as it is being played then

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

A fan of a team on a bad run calling his team utter gash, whatever next ? I thought they were excellent against Arsenal. Showed more passion and desire to attack than us lately.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A fan of a team on a bad run calling his team utter gash, whatever next ?
Somebody who doesn't follow that team insisting they are better than they are, it appears.

I thought they were excellent against Arsenal. Showed more passion and desire to attack than us lately.
But we were excellent against Arsenal, only a 3 or 4 weeks ago. And we actually WON. We were also unlucky against Leicester, just as they were at Arsenal, and despite throwing away 2 points at Huddersfield and playing as bad as we have all season, we STILL should have won comfortably as we created 3 clear cut chances - 3 more than Huddersfield managed.

We are certainly no worse than Southampton on current form.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Seriously, Southampton have been playing better?
Prior to losing after taking the lead against Arsenal and Chelsea, they were:
L 0-3 away to West Ham
L 0-3 away to Newcastle
D 0-0 home to Stoke
D1-1 away to Burnley
L 0-2 home to Liverpool

2 points from their last 7, compared to our 8 points from our last 7. What exactly are you basing that on, taking the lead but limply surrendering to defeat in the last 2 games!!??
You're making me feel better.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A fan of a team on a bad run calling his team utter gash, whatever next ? I thought they were excellent against Arsenal. Showed more passion and desire to attack than us lately.

Yeah, a defeat against Arsenal is a lot better than a win. :moo:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If Stoke and Southampton both go on a miraculous run then it will be Swansea in most danger as they both have to play them

Said that earlier, I think they could lose their next 3, and be faced with crucial 6 pointers against Southampton first, then Stoke on the last day (that's if Southampton and Stoke last that long...).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am still pissed off we
1: Drew at Watford away we should have finished them off - 2 points dropped.
2: Lost at Bournmouth away we should have shut them out at least at least held on at 1-1 - 1 point dropped.
3 Only drew against a bang average Burnley at home, Murray missed penalty - 2 points dropped.
4: Could not hold out to woeful one shot team Stoke away - 2 points dropped.

That is a total of 7 points that should have been bagged and made us comfortable right now, fine margins I know. We are not that bad a squad and can only get better if we manage to eek out a surprise result from somewhere hopefully.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I am still pissed off we
2: Lost at Bournmouth away we should have shut them out at least at least held on at 1-1 - 1 point dropped.
3 Only drew against a bang average Burnley at home, Murray missed penalty - 2 points dropped.

That is a total of 7 points that should have been bagged and made us comfortable right now, fine margins I know. We are not that bad a squad and can only get better if we manage to eek out a surprise result from somewhere hopefully.

Bruno giving away a penalty at home to Everton, Murray's missed penalty against Leicester, not bothering to turn up at West Brom etc

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
I am still pissed off we

Bruno giving away a penalty at home to Everton, Murray's missed penalty against Leicester, not bothering to turn up at West Brom etc

AND Duffy's backpass against Huddersfield

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Swansea hit the bar in the last few minutes in our away game and Watford missed a guilt edged chance in the last minute in the home game.
I have looked into whether each result was unlucky, lucky, or luck neutral and as far as I can see it all evens out except that we are 1 game down on luck - 1 loss should have been a draw.

So, 1 point down. A flukey draw tonight makes us even.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Swansea hit the bar in the last few minutes in our away game and Watford missed a guilt edged chance in the last minute in the home game.

Only one to talk any sense - so many people forgetting that luck goes both ways. Bemoaning Murray's misses whilst completely ignoring the goals he scored that he perhaps shouldn't. Ryan making wonder saves to save a point, but only remembering the howlers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here