Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pardew Gone

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Would it be too much to tempt fate for Palace to take him in that case?

Anyway, taxi for Pardew. Shouldn't be too much of a stretch there for the players.

Yep, l'm sure one of the players can nick one and drive him home. That way we wouldn't have to pay the fare and dent his pay off money.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The new manager syndrome could help us in their remaining matches.

Not necessarily wrong! Next game Swansea....who have a few tough matches to come. The stand-in guy is apparently well-liked by the players. Let’s hope they turn up for him on Saturday. Could still make a difference, esp as Swansea play Stoke on last day.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To think he was once touted as future England manager. Actually knowing the FA he probably still has a chance.
Is he really worse than Southgate or McLaren?

I can't fathom how the FA get away with being so inept.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Is he really worse than Southgate or McLaren?

I can't fathom how the FA get away with being so inept.

Or Alladyce!

But bearing in mind the FA seem to insist on an Englishman to do the job, who else could they reasonably appoint as manager? More to the point, who else would want, what is in so many ways, a poisoned chalice?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I wonder how his fans are taking it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Baggies- supporting mate of mine fancied Mick McCarthy or Nigel Pearson to bring them back up. Good shouts both I reckon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bearing in mind the FA seem to want an Englishman to do the job, who else could they reasonably appoint as manager?
If the best we have available is Southgate, then the FA need to reconsider their need for an Englishman. Southgate's only managerial experience is 2 seasons at Middlesbrough, getting them relegated in the second, and then getting sacked in the Championship. How the **** can that be considered good enough to manage our national team?

More to the point, who else would want, what is in so many ways, a poisoned chalice?
English managers don't turn it down, and plenty of foreign managers would like a go. Decent pay, high profile etc.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Baggies- supporting mate of mine fancied Mick McCarthy or Nigel Pearson to bring them back up. Good shouts both I reckon.

Agree re the former, I think Micks' time is about up at the Tractor Boys, although Pearson's career seems to have been somewhat tainted by alleged murky goings on at Leicester.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If the best we have available is Southgate, then the FA need to reconsider their need for an Englishman. Southgate's only managerial experience is 2 seasons at Middlesbrough, getting them relegated in the second, and then getting sacked in the Championship. How the **** can that be considered good enough to manage our national team?

English managers don't turn it down, and plenty of foreign managers would like a go. Decent pay, high profile etc.

The FA love a yes man. No other way of explaining McClaren or Southgate getting the job.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well if your final point is true, then they could do an awful lot worse than offer the job tou our very own Chris Hughton, (to all intensive purposes an Englishman), although l feel even he could turn the opportunity down as he is on to such a good thing here. I wouldn't like to put it to the test though!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Probably not even that, they’ll have had to pay his contract up, or come to a mutual agreement.

Mutual agreement, so the coward doesn't get a relegation on his CV.

Agree re the former, I think Micks' time is about up at the Tractor Boys, although Pearson's career seems to have been somewhat tainted by alleged murky goings on at Leicester.

Mick has already announced, he's leaving Ipswich at the end of the season.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The England job is a tough one to fill well. While there are probably a bunch of top English managers who have the knowledge and most of the skills to do the job well, they will be taking charge of Premier League players who are often coddled at the club and get what they want. If some guy whose biggest achievement is getting a team promoted from League one to the Championship is giving them orders they don't like, they won't have the trust needed. IMO it's partly what killed David Moyes' Man U career. The players didn't like his training routines, and what had his routines won compared to the routines they were used to under Fergie?

When good English managers are overlooked for positions in the premier league (whether that is due to foreign managers, or the like of Allardyce, Pulis, Pardew being the go-to Brits for prem vacancies), they will struggle to get the experience needed to show they have enough for the England job.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here